Those that love the movie HEAT

I've always heard that the great scene in Michael Mann's masterpiece HEAT where De Niro and Pacino was lifted from Mann's failed TV pilot. But I had never SEEN the pilot until I found this today.

Holy crap. Watch both clips. It's almost verbatim and shows how bad acting can really fu*k up a great scene.

Clips

I've always heard that the great scene in Michael Mann's masterpiece HEAT where De Niro and Pacino was lifted from Mann's failed TV pilot. But I had never SEEN the pilot until I found this today.

Holy crap. Watch both clips. It's almost verbatim and shows how bad acting can really fu*k up a great scene.

Clips

Wow, talk about an understatement. Haven't seen Heat for a while and since I am on vacation this week, I will add that to my to-do list! Thanks for the link.

EC, you must watch the second disc and see how much work Mann put into this film. He worked with top cops and crooks from back in Chicago. The cinematographer Dante Spinotti is my all time favorite ASC; take a gander at the films he has shot (half are italian) :lol:

The bank robbery in "Heat" and the first scene in "Manhunter" are IMHO the best looking uses of cellulose in the modern picture business. I am also a b&w junkie.

Personally I thought the DeNiro and Pacino scene completely sucked. Great movie. Stupid scene. It was like watching them do caricatures of themselves.

Pacino=Overrated

Pacino=Overacting

DeNiro= :lol:

Only movie that I kinda enjoyed Al in the last 10 years or so was Glengary Glenn Ross

Pacino=Overrated

Pacino=Overacting

Only movie that I kinda enjoyed Al in the last 10 years or so was Glengary Glenn Ross

Pacino's performance in Ocean's 13 was almost as painful to watch as it must have been for him to deliver it. You could almost see where Soderbergh told him "Whatever you do, do NOT scream your lines," and Pacino was almost in physical pain following that direction.

Pacino=Overrated

Pacino=Overacting

Yeah. He really stunk it up in pieces of garbage like Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scarface, Carlito's Way, ...And Justice For All, The Insider, The Godfather and The Godfather Part II.

Yeah. He really stunk it up in pieces of garbage like Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scarface, Carlito's Way, ...And Justice For All, The Insider, The Godfather and The Godfather Part II.

Pacino has had great moments and he USED to be one of the greats but now he's just on screen yelling in every movie. He's a caricature of himself. He doesn't seem to try to become his character anymore, sort of like Jack Nicholson in the last 20 years.

Pacino has had great moments and he USED to be one of the greats but now he's just on screen yelling in every movie. He's a caricature of himself. He doesn't seem to try to become his character anymore, sort of like Jack Nicholson in the last 20 years.

Yeah. I like the way Jack played the Joker in As good as it gets. :lol:

Yeah. I like the way Jack played the Joker in As good as it gets. :lol:

Jack is Jack, there are no surprise's with him anymore. You always know what you're gonna get when he's in a film. He tried to go a different route with "About Schmidt" but that didn't work out too well.

Pacino has had great moments and he USED to be one of the greats but now he's just on screen yelling in every movie. He's a caricature of himself.

Now that I can definitely agree to. How the "Hoo hah!" man beat out Denzel Washington for the best actor Oscar is a mystery.

He doesn't seem to try to become his character anymore, sort of like Jack Nicholson in the last 20 years.

Can't agree here. Jack has had his moments, like his very underrated performance in The Witches of Eastwick. He's had some less than stellar ones too (that annoying movie he did w/ Diane Keaton), but overall, I'd say he's still watchable.

I love Pacino. I thought he was fantastic in The Devils Advocate. :thumbsup:

I love Pacino. I thought he was fantastic in The Devils Advocate. :thumbsup:

Not me. I thought it was another way too over the top performance (like the foul Scent of a Woman). The best thing in Devil's Advocate was the performance of Charlize Theron, who was her usual brilliant self.

Not me. I thought it was another way too over the top performance (like the foul Scent of a Woman). The best thing in Devil's Advocate was the performance of Charlize Theron, who was her usual brilliant self.

I couldn't agree more. Theron was the best part of that movie and even Keanu wasn't bad but Pacino was waaaay over the top.

I really enjoyed him in Scent of a Woman.