Megabus

Is it anything like the TV show Supertrain?

The series took place on the "Supertrain", an imagined nuclear-powered bullet train that was equipped with amenities more appropriate to a cruise ship than a train, such as swimming pools and shopping centers. The train took 36 hours to go from New York City to Los Angeles. Much like its contemporary The Love Boat, the plots concerned the passengers' social lives, usually with multiple intertwining storylines, and most of the cast was composed of guest stars.

I need to go from Boston to Atlantic City. Total R/T fare: $26! Only thing is I have to get from Penn Station to the Port Authority Terminal to change buses. Supposedly Megabus has WiFi!! That means I can work while I ride. I wonder if I can plug in my AC inverter? My laptop battery is only good for an hour.

PTR

I just used them for that trip yesterday. I was supposed to go Buffalo to NYC, then NYC to Philly. I got to NYC an hour and a half late, missed the connecting bus, was stranded in NYC, and finally took a chinatown bus for 2 hours where no one spoke English.

I just used them for that trip yesterday. I was supposed to go Buffalo to NYC, then NYC to Philly. I got to NYC an hour and a half late, missed the connecting bus, was stranded in NYC, and finally took a chinatown bus for 2 hours where no one spoke English.

Just curious...was it their fault they were late or was it bad traffic? Hey, Fung Wah will getcha' there.

PTR

I need to go from Boston to Atlantic City. Total R/T fare: $26! Only thing is I have to get from Penn Station to the Port Authority Terminal to change buses. Supposedly Megabus has WiFi!! That means I can work while I ride. I wonder if I can plug in my AC inverter? My laptop battery is only good for an hour.

PTR

This is what I really want to know also. Supposedly they have seat back video and WiFi. However, their website doesn't mention much.

As far as being late, what can you do? It's NYC. The airlines are even worse. I just saw that JFK, LaGuardia and Newark rank #1, 2 and 3 for most delays at 47%, 48% and 49%.

Just curious...was it their fault they were late or was it bad traffic? Hey, Fung Wah will getcha' there.

PTR

The bus was late getting to Buffalo for the pick up because they were coming from Toronto and had to go through customs - understandable. However, the driver spent about 20mins trying to figure out how the DVD player worked, until I told her that it didnt really matter and people had places to be.

Then driving through to NYC, she made a wrong turn and couldn't get back to the lincoln tunnel. Once we did, we were stuck in traffic.

PTR

They did have WiFi for most of the ride. I don't think there is anywhere to plug it in, however, the guy infront of me had something under the seat that was lighting up, so there may be something hidden under there where you can plug it in. Check it out.

They did have WiFi for most of the ride. I don't think there is anywhere to plug it in, however, the guy infront of me had something under the seat that was lighting up, so there may be something hidden under there where you can plug it in. Check it out.

I called Megabus. The national customer service lady said some buses have power. The local NYC lady said they don't. So who's right? :lol:

PTR

I called Megabus. The national customer service lady said some buses have power. The local NYC lady said they don't. So who's right? :lol:

PTR

Neither. Some have power and and some don't... Obviously, the NYC ones don't... <_<

What do you want Promo, guarantees? It is a friggan bus!

<_<