Coaches vote Rodney Harrison dirtiest player in the NFL

Pete

I think Sando and a great deal of the other "reporters" covering pro-football these days were effectively strong-armed by the Pats* after the SpyGate story first started rocking headlines. I am not sure what the Pats* did other than restrict access to players, coaches and other sources, but it seemingly worked very well. I see fear of the Pats* in a lot of "reporting" these days. It certainly doesn't help that the SpyGate fiasco ended so anti-climatically and with little to no vindication for the few who stayed on the case until the end. I have to believe Kraft and Bellicheat and any one else tied to the organization called in a lot of favors to lean heavily on the sports writers community. It is a shame that/if so-called journalists caved.

Not sure if it's the Pats* or the NFL in general; they haven't exactly been known for great access in recent years. Maybe it was because he was "home" at Chautauqua, but I was surprised at how available Goodell made himself last Friday.

Great. Just let all of 'em know what the plan is. Tell all the curs we're coming. You tell 'em we're coming, and Hell is coming w/ us!

Not great. I advocated the coaches keeping their traps shut and finding their own solutions to deal with this Harrison gnat.

Cheap shots, cheap actions, occur. Those with intent aforethought must be requited.

Journalist? He's an officer in PFWA.

Funny that Sando only tracked the data through 2001, which doesn't go back far enough to include some of Rotten Rodney's greatest hits. He also forgot to mention that Harrison has missed 28 games during that timespan, compared to nine for Wilson. And this ...

...is absolutely hysterical, when you remember who it was that blew out Green's knee in a Chargers-Rams 1999 preseason game, opening the door for some grocery-stocker named Warner to have a Cinderella season.

A big part of the reason for harrison's* rep as a dirty player also cannot be summed up in a ncie little statistic. He may not have the most personal fouls, but watch any pats* game, and hell, even the old charger games* and you'll see no less than half a dozen plays where rodney is diving late into the pile, or throwing a forearm/elbow into someones neck and or head. He doesnt try to tackle people, he tries to hurt them in his "tackling" technique.

rodney harrison is the only person i have ever wished injury upon, because frankly, he deserves it.

A big part of the reason for harrison's* rep as a dirty player also cannot be summed up in a ncie little statistic. He may not have the most personal fouls, but watch any pats* game, and hell, even the old charger games* and you'll see no less than half a dozen plays where rodney is diving late into the pile, or throwing a forearm/elbow into someones neck and or head. He doesnt try to tackle people, he tries to hurt them in his "tackling" technique.

rodney harrison is the only person i have ever wished injury upon, because frankly, he deserves it.

I was about to point that out. It's the same act play after play when he's not directly involved in a play. It's disgusting as is his whinning to the refs.

Harrison is/was/will always be a cheap-shotting douchebag. Everyone raved about how great he was when he was the only good player in San Diego. Even then you could see that the "hard-hitting" safety was a headhunter and a dirty player. Now he plays with another notorious cheapshot artist, Vince Wilfork. The sad thing is that he's probably proud that he was voted the dirtiest player and Roy Williams (DAL) is pissed because he got "snubbed."