American's number one in the world

Pete

Listen genius, you're the only one bringing morals into this.

Listen genius, you're the one that said pot wasn't "ok" right here:

"I love the whole "Marijuana isn't as bad as other drugs, so let's just continue with screwed up policies" argument. As if not being as bad somehow makes it ok."

For whatever reasons the people of this country have deemed marijuana to be bad, and thus made it illegal. We've (as in society as a whole) set a standard we (society as a whole) don't want people using marijuana.

Here are things you can do about it.

Work to convince people that you are right so that the laws are changed.

Follow the current laws or face the consequences.

It has nothing to do with morals.

Yes, because the government always does whats right, just, and logical. :pirate:

As I said earlier, if you want the laws to change, I hope you can come up with something better than the 3 common arguments that I've already listed. They already been used for decades, and not gotten you very far. If I was you, I'd come up with something better.

Repeating your "point" doesn't make it better, nor does it make the law sane.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen genius, you're the one that said pot wasn't "ok" right here:

"I love the whole "Marijuana isn't as bad as other drugs, so let's just continue with screwed up policies" argument. As if not being as bad somehow makes it ok."

Yes, because the government always does whats right, just, and logical. :pirate:

Repeating your "point" doesn't make it better, nor does it make the law sane.

So basically you're trying to convince people that marijuana should be legalized by being insulting and calling them insane for having it illegal.

Brilliant!!!

That's bound to work.

So basically you're trying to convince people that marijuana should be legalized by being insulting and calling them insane for having it illegal.

Brilliant!!!

That's bound to work.

Is there a specific reason you've chosen to attack the posts which lack substance rather than address those that do?

So senseless encarceration which leads to overcrowded prisons and financial hemorraging isn't a good argument?

Wasting law enforcement resources when they could be focussed elsewhere (murder, rape, ANTI-TERRORISM) isn't a good argument?

Preventing giving an otherwise good/upstanding guy a criminal record because he was stoned and playing Halo isn't a good argument?

Exactly what I was going to said. Pot is pretty freaking harmless. Sure there are problematic potheads like there are problematic alcoholics. However, your alcoholics are streaking, crashing cars, beating wifes, and raping goats, where your potheads are eating a ton of Doritos, and jamming to Dave Mathews.

A good song that talks about how !@#$ed up the system is: System of a Down- Prison

They're trying to build a prison, They're trying to build a prison,

Following the rights movements

You clamped on with your iron fists, Drugs became conveniently

Available for all the kids, Following the rights movements

You clamped on with your iron fists, Drugs became conveniently

Available for all the kids,

I buy my crack, my smack, my B word right here in Hollywood.

Nearly 2 million Americans are incarcerated In the prison system, prison system, Prison system of the U.S.

They're trying to build a prison, (for you and me to live in)

Another prison system, Another prison system,

Another prison system. (for you and me to live in)

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons

You don't even flinch

All our taxes paying for your wars

Against the new non-rich,

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons

You don't even flinch

All our taxes paying for your wars

Against the new non-rich,

The percentage of Americans in the prison system

Prison system, has doubled since 1985,

For you and I, for you and I , for you and I.

They're trying to build a prison, For you and me,

Oh baby, you and me.

All research and successful drug policy show That treatment should be increased,

And law enforcement decreased, While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences,

All research and successful drug policy show That treatment should be increased,

And law enforcement decreased, While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences.

Utilizing drugs to pay for secret wars around the world,

Drugs are now your global policy, Now you police the globe,

For you and I, for you and I , for you and I.

They're trying to build a prison, They're trying to build a prison, They're trying to build a prison,

For you and me, Oh baby, you and me.

How about stop voting for the people making the laws you disagree with?

Start voting for people that think like you? When there are enough people that think like you that vote for a candidate that thinks like you, I'm betting the laws will change.

Then we can avoid the whole dictatorship dilemma.

But so far, I've not heard anyone with a very convincing argument that legalizing certain/all drugs would be a good thing.

As I said earlier, arguing that this is a major fiscal liability is a joke. There is so many more large government programs that waste money, that in the big picture, this is a tiny drop in the bucket.

Here are the common arguments I've heard for legalizing it:

1) Saves/makes money for the government if we tax it.

2) It's not as bad as other stuff that's legal

3) I like it, and it doesn't hurt anyone.

IMO, those are 3 pretty losing arguments. Is there an argument that I've forgotten?

You want to speak of losing arguments. What's the argument to keep it illegal? Because the whole "impairs your driving" argument is just ridiculous. Especially when you consider alcohol is legal and does worse to ones driving. Give me 3 winning arguments to keep it illegal.

Brilliant!!!

That's bound to work.

Ahem... http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1067301

Yes, I'm the one that was insulting. :lol:

And I don't give a damn whether I "convince people that marijuana should be legalized". I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of having it illegal.

You want to speak of losing arguments. What's the argument to keep it illegal? Because the whole "impairs your driving" argument is just ridiculous. Especially when you consider alcohol is legal and does worse to ones driving. Give me 3 winning arguments to keep it illegal.

See, there doesn't have to be an argument for keeping it illegal. It's already illegal.

You have an uphill road to climb. Not only do you need to convince them it should be legal, but you need to make them see that it's important for them to make it legal.

That's why you're gonna need better arguments than the ones already out there.

See, there doesn't have to be an argument for keeping it illegal. It's already illegal.

You have an uphill road to climb. Not only do you need to convince them it should be legal, but you need to make them see that it's important for them to make it legal.

You mean the ones you've chosen to ignore here on this thread?

Again: Its legality has no bearing on whether it "should" be legal or not.

Well, in the state of Florida Oral sex is illegal yet the only argument I can find to support making it legal is "It feels good". Just because that law is in place though isn't going to deter me and my GF from doing it. The point I'm trying to make is just because a law is in place doesn't make the law right. Some laws are out dated or just plain ridiculous. Hell, I just read a story about a lady who was arrested for cursing at her overflowing toilet.

Where are these drugs mostly coming from?

Strengthen the security on the borders, get these dealers off the streets and it is a start.

16% of Americans trying cocaine is the most disturbing stat of the whole article.

Where are these drugs mostly coming from?

Strengthen the security on the borders, get these dealers off the streets and it is a start.

16% of Americans trying cocaine is the most disturbing stat of the whole article.

you can NOT overcome the general law of supply and demand.

i was watching one of the shows about drugs on the History channel and a government official said it best "If I could manufacture this pen for the cost of $1, and turn around and easily sell it for $17,000, there is NO government in the world that could stop that." and that is the typical turn-around that cocaine manufacturers see

You didn't answer my question.

And you also put words into my mouth in oblique fashion, and proceeded to draw a conclusion on same.

Not good.

Well, let's see...you made a rather Bush-like sarcastic remark about letting our "overseas betters" manage us, to which I responded that it might actually make sense to study what others do in the hopes we can learn something.

Then, you asked me what exactly we had to learn -- am I missing some hidden implication there other than you don't believe we have anything to learn on this topic, and we're doing just a fine job with the whole drug issue?