A win for the good guys

If he wanted to shoot someone, why call 911 at all? Wouldn't it be easier to just walk outside with your gun and start shooting? There's no way you call 911 and the operator gives you the green light to go outside with your gun.

He wanted something on the record that a crime was being committed, allowing him to skirt the law.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. To me this is the entire distinction. Joe Horn isn't a 'murderer'. I saw no reports that he ever shot anyone before and it's about a million to one that he'll ever shoot anyone again. He used correct judgment and execution to do what he had to in order to protect his neighborhood from vile filth. Had there been no vile filth, there would have been no shots fired by Mr. Horn. His actions were the result of someone else's criminal acts and hence fully justified.

But where do we draw the line? Can we start shooting people who are fighting in the street? Can we shoot drunk drivers? Can we shoot the random guy going 20 miles over the speed limit? How many people are there that were convicted of burglary, have since served their time and are now making an honest living? Were they vile filth too?

He wanted something on the record that a crime was being committed, allowing him to skirt the law.

So he wanted a transcript of the 911 operator telling him not to get involved before he finally decided to get involved? Yeah, makes perfect sense. :lol:

Sounds like a guy itching for a confrontation to me. Anything he's saying now is his ass trying to keep out of jail for murder. Guess it worked.

Stop it...you're being delusional. Can't you tell when a man is fearing for his life? :lol:

PTR

Based upon the threat the DA received, Joe Horn may have to keep a loaded gun ready for quite a while.

Anyone arguing against what Horn did should really first read the link you posted. Horrible, horrible story. How simple "property theft" can very quickly turn deadly...a man lost his whole family to a couple of scumbags because they happened to be home during the burglary. Guess what...shoot first and ask questions later.

EDIT: Here is the article to which KD was referring. Read it, and then tell me you don't agree with Mr. Horn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/nyregion/07slay.html

If the police were not called those people would still be alive!!! They didnt meaan to kill those people. Its not their fault.

<buftexstojam>

If the police were not called those people would still be alive!!! They didnt meaan to kill those people. Its not their fault.

<buftexstojam>

yeah. beacause the story he quoted is really relevent here. "THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!"

<buftexstojam>

So, erynsilverred you whine about people drawing their own conclusions from the evidence in one case, but the best you can up with, to make your argument, is a link to another, very unrelated incident? Give it up...when this thread started, I wasn't even sure where I stood on this, but all the arguments I have heard in favor of Horns' actions are pretty thin, and ignoring what actually happened...

For the delusional pussies........

The argument I have heard so many times when the subject of killing of criminals is "no material possession is worth more than a human life." I don't disagree with that argument. I reject it. That is the case made by the thieves who threaten their victims. "Your money or your life." "Gimme or I'll hurt you."

The argument made by the unwilling would-be victim is this: "I value my right to keep what is mine above your right to take it from me. And if you push it, I will demonstrate that with force."

So, erynsilverred whines about people drawing their own conclusions from the evidence, but the best you can up with, to make your argument, is a link to another, very unrelated incident? Give it up...when this thread started, I wasn't even sure where I stood on this, but all the arguments I have heard in favor of Horns' actions are pretty thin, and ignoring what actually happened...

Because the arguments on your side are so convincing?

Like the part about how Horn was a racist who "couldn't wait" to kill a "colored" person?

Or the part about how he called 911 to get approval to do what he did?

Or the part about how he couldn't possibly have been scared seeing two men breaking into a home in his neighborhood?

Or the part about how once he stepped outside his house, it couldn't have possibly gone down the way he said it did?

Or (Stojan's new favorite) that he said "They're getting away!" to the 911 operator and therefore must have wanted to kill people that day?

:lol:<_<<_<

And, BTW, I don't have to argue that he did the smartest thing in this situation. He didn't. It would have been safer (for him) to do nothing. But I do know that home invasions are deadly serious and I understand why he wanted to confront those two men. And I don't think he deserves to be in jail for what ended up happening.

He confronted two criminals in the middle of commiting a crime and they ended up dead. I'm not losing any sleep over this.