2009 Draft

Yeah I know its way too early and some people will think I'm absolutely the dumbest person alive for suggesting we draft another DB but just watch this kid and you'll know he's something special special..............

William Moore

Ht: 6ft 1 inches

Wt: 230lbs

40: 4.39

Absolute Ballhawk who hits like a sledgehammer.

:)

2007 SEASON

Emerged as one of the nation's top playmakers at safety, as he tied for the NCAA lead with a school-record 8 interceptions ... His development throughout the course of the season was a major reason why the Tiger defense turned into one of the better ones in the Big 12 Conference, and his leadership after the defense lost fellow safety Pig Brown in game eight for the year was crucial ... Had 5 INTs and 2 forced fumbles in the 6 games after Brown was lost for the year ... Was named a 1st-Team All-American by Rivals.com, and took home 2nd-Team All-American honors by the Associated Press for his stellar play, as well as from Sports Illustrated and the Sporting News ... Showed in MU's 38-7 dismantling of Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl just why he deserved the accolades, as he won Defensive MVP honors with a 13-tackle that included 1 pass break up, 1 forced fumble and an interception that he returned in the third quarter for a TD that broke the game open for good ... Had a huge fourth-quarter interception against Illinois that snuffed out a potential game-winning drive deep in MU territory with under seven minutes to play ... Made eight tackles on the day (all solo stops) including two tackles for loss ... Added nine tackles against Ole Miss ... Had a team-leading 11 tackles against Western Michigan to go over 100 for his career ... Intercepted his fourth career pass and made seven tackles against Illinois State ... Was second on the club with eight tackles against Nebraska, including his fourth TFL on the year ... Helped hold Nebraska's vaunted West Coast Offense to just 297 total yards ... Recorded five tackles against Oklahoma ... Made eight tackles as the Tigers defense shutdown Texas Tech ... Added a sack (the first of his career) and intercepted a Graham Harrell pass ... The INT was his third on the season and the fifth of his career ... Made three stops against Iowa State ... Led the team with 11 tackles against Colorado in another impressive defensive effort ... Added an interception (his fourth of the season) and forced a fumble against the Buffaloes ... Made and INT for the second-straight game, picking of Texas A&M's Stephen McGee ... Made six tackles, including one TFL, and one PBU against the Aggies ... Tied for second on the team with eight tackles (six solo) against Kansas State, including a sack ... Picked off his sixth pass of the year, returning it for 22 yards ... Picked off his seventh pass of the year against Kansas, which ties Roger Wehrli's (1968) record for INTs in a season ... Tied for the team lead with seven tackles against KU ... Led the team with a career-best 13 tackles (nine solo) against Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship ... Three of his INTs came in the fourth quarter ... Ended second on the team with 117 tackles on the year, which was ninth most in the Big 12 Conference ... Changed his jersey number to 1 this spring, after wearing 21 previously for the Tigers.

I also just wanted to start a thread around here that wasn't just rehashing the same sh*t over and over again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill from NYC will NOT be happy with this thread.

I was thinking that same thing when I made it. :)

OK well for Bill in NYC, I meant we should draft this guy.............

Actually, this is a sensible prediction. I have already posted that Jauron will draft a defensive back in Round 1 of 09, assuming (a big leap) that he isn't fired. It wouldn't surprise me if we actually trade up for one.

Remember, Whitner won't be here that much longer, and Jauron is idiotic enough to buy another ticket on the loser merry go-round of drafting 1st round DBs, only to watch them leave town he second they can. This is probably why he got the job. His credentials were poor; nobody wanted him. But, he did well in an interview with a GM who nobody wanted.

It must be considered ironic that the success of this years team hinges on the selections made on day 1 of 07. Jauron and Levy must have mainlined heroin, and forgot that the secondary is the top priority for a team that plays lots of games in the elements which make passing all but an afterthought.

Actually, this is a sensible prediction. I have already posted that Jauron will draft a defensive back in Round 1 of 09, assuming (a big leap) that he isn't fired. It wouldn't surprise me if we actually trade up for one.

Remember, Whitner won't be here that much longer, and Jauron is idiotic enough to buy another ticket on the loser merry go-round of drafting 1st round DBs, only to watch them leave town he second they can. This is probably why he got the job. His credentials were poor; nobody wanted him. But, he did well in an interview with a GM who nobody wanted.

It must be considered ironic that the success of this years team hinges on the selections made on day 1 of 07. Jauron and Levy must have mainlined heroin, and forgot that the secondary is the top priority for a team that plays lots of games in the elements which make passing all but an afterthought.

Is it nice to be able to recycle all of your old posts and just change the year listed on them? I was also wondering if you have some type of filing system for your recycled posts so you can dig them up and re-post them easier? I doubt you'd need a secretary, because they all fall under "DB whining" and "OL whining," but i was wondering if you categorize them more specifically like "generic posts bitching about 1st round DBs," "posts bashing Donte Whitner," and "future posts bashing Leodis McKelvin."

I'd try to point out that in each of his 3 drafts, the Bills and jauron have selected a players of immediate need in the early rounds, btu we both know that logic isnt going to fly with you. Keep on trucking with the "the bills will draft a DB i round 1 next year" posts. They add SO much to any discussion.

Is it nice to be able to recycle all of your old posts and just change the year listed on them? I was also wondering if you have some type of filing system for your recycled posts so you can dig them up and re-post them easier? I doubt you'd need a secretary, because they all fall under "DB whining" and "OL whining," but i was wondering if you categorize them more specifically like "generic posts bitching about 1st round DBs," "posts bashing Donte Whitner," and "future posts bashing Leodis McKelvin."

I'd try to point out that in each of his 3 drafts, the Bills and jauron have selected a players of immediate need in the early rounds, btu we both know that logic isnt going to fly with you. Keep on trucking with the "the bills will draft a DB i round 1 next year" posts. They add SO much to any discussion.

They add SO much to any discussion.

yeah - just like your post :)

thanks for playing

Yeah it also has nothing to with New England whom we play twice and ultimately 3 times if we get in the playoffs and the Colts re writing the record books year after year. Yeah lets have a half assed secondary to pick apart. Buffalo plays maybe 3-4 games a year in tough weather and news flash the Jets and Pats play in the same s--t we do.

I agree the offense needs to be addressed but I would rather have them take the approach they are instead of paying every high priced free agent like the Jets, Skins and Raiders have a habit of doing. They see a need and go after it.

They add SO much to any discussion.

yeah - just like your post :)

thanks for playing

Dont you have more whining about the OL to do somewhere? OR perhaps you could finally tell us what NFL teams have starting quality backup LTs.

I will not accept this post because you are smarter than this, and you follow the Bills so much that you have to know that the above is bogus.

We "needed" a 1st round corner this year? I don't see why but even if we did, we also brought in a free agent, as well as a 4th and a 7th. In 06, we took one in round 3, along with 1st round (#8) and 4th round safeties, and yet another free agent safety. Does it ever become excessive? Remember, we HAD a very good corner, and we let him walk away, which is the norm for this team. A team that if you noticed.....has NOT been making the playoffs.

I don't mind being taken to task. In fact, I enjoy it. :) The thing is, right now you are banging the bass drum in the parade of the stupidity that the Bills have beeen marching in, and losing football games while doing so.

I support this franchise, WNY, and everything about the Bills as much as anyone. This is not the issue.

Parades are fun, but I would rather go to a Bills playoff game to be honest.

I will not accept this post because you are smarter than this, and you follow the Bills so much that you have to know that the above is bogus.

We "needed" a 1st round corner this year? I don't see why but even if we did, we also brought in a free agent, as well as a 4th and a 7th. In 06, we took one in round 3, along with 1st round (#8) and 4th round safeties, and yet another free agent safety. Does it ever become excessive? Remember, we HAD a very good corner, and we let him walk away, which is the norm for this team. A team that if you noticed.....has NOT been making the playoffs.

I don't mind being taken to task. In fact, I enjoy it. :) The thing is, right now you are banging the bass drum in the parade of the stupidity that the Bills have beeen marching in, and losing football games while doing so.

I support this franchise, WNY, and everything about the Bills as much as anyone. This is not the issue.

Parades are fun, but I would rather go to a Bills playoff game to be honest.

No, i questioned the pick of Corner in round 4. I thought we had needs elsewhere, and the pick could have been spent better off on another position (like the OL). But, the draft was 2 months ago, so i am over it. Also, when dealing with 4th rounders, thats when you really get into the hit or miss part of the draft. Me, i'd rather have Ko Simpson over Duke Preston. As for the free agents brought in, none of them have shut down corner capability. James is a nice corner who has been bothered by injuries. He could turn out to be a solid CB, or turn out to be a bust. Sure, McKelvin can be viewed the same way, but he's got much higher potential. Greer is a nice fill in starter and would make a great nickel back, however i dont tihnk he's great starting material. And, as posters have mentioned, you need 3 good CBs to defend today's passing game. We play NE 2x per year and we'd have to go through Indy in the playoffs. You are going to need a very good secondary to stop both of those teams.

As for drafting McKelvin, we needed a starter at CB. I had hoped Youboty would pan out, but thusfar he hasnt. It happens. you miss picks. It would be the same as if the Bills had spent a 3rd on an OL that didnt pan out. I wouldnt say that they shouldnt draft another one just because one previous one busted. Also, there were no DEs or WRs taking at #11, and its very tough to justify taking a backup OL at #11.

As for my statement about Jauron drafting positions of need, i outlined why. Like it or not, SS was a position fo major need in 2006. Now you may not agree drafting one when we did, but you cant say it wasnt a pick of major need. Same thing with Marshawn in '07, and same as McKelvin this year. As for letting them go, i'm willing to give brandon a shot to see what he does regarding the cap and what players we keep. TD was the one who let some names walk. But the only major player to go since then was Clements, and spent that money on the OL instead. The Bills decided it was better to have a FA OL and a rookie CB than vice versa. A rook CB will conribute a lot more a lot quicker than a rook OL.

We're on the brink of an exciting season. We've beefed up the defense. We've added some weapons on the offense. Lets talk about that, instead of worrying about the draft 10 months from now, especially when we have no idea what this team will look like then.

Perhaps this or perhaps this would fit the Bill (so to speak). <_<

:thumbdown:

I like 'em both. Not sure Scott would dig the one with the cloud of smoke, but that one made me laugh harder.

Of course, he'd NEVER let me have this one ...

Perhaps this or perhaps this would fit the Bill (so to speak). :thumbdown:

My vote goes to the first one

I'd also nominate the JP vs Trent emoticon:

http://www.clipartof.com/details/emoticon/1367.html

And this one for Travis Henry Eric Moulds Drew Bledsoe Willis McGahee J.P. Losman Marshawn Lynch or whoever TSW is currently running out of town.

http://www.clipartof.com/details/emoticon/728.html

Where's the FU smiley for hijacking my thread into "the smileys thread". And to think that LSI wasn't even involved, you guys should be ashamed of yourself. :thumbdown: