Adarius Bowman makes the news in debut

From Rotoworld:

Undrafted wide receiver Adarius Bowman erupted for 112 yards and a touchdown on six catches in his debut for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

His 73-yard TD clinched Saskatchewan's win over the Edmonton Eskimos. If Bowman keeps this up, it'll only be a matter of time before he's getting calls from NFL teams. He was a first-day prospect coming out before appearing to self destruct with awful workouts and an arrest for marijuana possession.

IMO Bowman will be on an NFL roster this year. He was great in college and I was shocked noone drafted him

I don't think he can join an NFL roster until next year. But if he continues to play well and keeps his nose clean, he'll be back in the NFL and with a better contract than he would have gotten as an UDFA.

Im probably wrong when I say this, but I think the NFL still has its suplimental draft? Is that an option for him? Or atleast he can get a call from the NFL and leave the canadian team? Or does he have some sort of contract with the club......

I mean its only one game, but if it keeps up, someone will gamble!

Word out of Saskatchewan is Adarious has absolutely killed it in training camp catching everything that came his way, also in interviews he has sounded like he was thankful to get a second chance. He has situation in Saskatchewan not too many distractions besides football and they are the defending grey cup champs. Matt Dominguez a former NFL practice squad guy with Denver (dressed in 12 games with Broncos, and later tried out for the Jets) who is sort of a CFL elder statesman has supposedly taken Bowman under his wing.

I watched the game against Edmonton and he made one spectacular diving sideline catch, also the 77 yard touchdown was on a pretty double w/ a beautifully thrown ball splitting the CB and the Safety. Still his lack of top end speed will hurt his chances at NFL level.

Im probably wrong when I say this, but I think the NFL still has its suplimental draft? Is that an option for him? Or atleast he can get a call from the NFL and leave the canadian team? Or does he have some sort of contract with the club......

I mean its only one game, but if it keeps up, someone will gamble!

Since he wasn't drafted, he's a free agent down here. No supplemental draft for him. As for the CFL, since the NFL chose not to renew the working agreement between the two leagues, I'm not sure what his -- or Saskatchewan's -- rights are in this situation.

I had BOWMAN rated as a second round pick,,, before he imploded... behind SWEED before HARDY..If he stays out of

trouble he ll be in the NFL very soon.. I think he signed for two yrs but not positive,, he likely has a out clause for the NFL

though. still way to early to know weather he ll start acting his age not his shoe size..

Since he wasn't drafted, he's a free agent down here. No supplemental draft for him. As for the CFL, since the NFL chose not to renew the working agreement between the two leagues, I'm not sure what his -- or Saskatchewan's -- rights are in this situation.

Oh ok, Thanks Lori! Appreciate it!

The Original CFL/NFL agreement allowed players players to sign with NFL teams when they were either free-agents or during the option year of the contract. Although, the CFL/NFL deal recently expired, the CFL players association decided to build the option rule into their contract during the last round of collective bargaining, so that players would have a chance at the NFL.

My bet is that Bowman signed a two year deal with the last year being an option year, so if he continues his success next year he will get a contract with an NFL team in 2009.