who is worth the cash?

WHILE PETERS AND EVANS sit on the shelf waiting for the season to start ,you gotta wonder , who really should be the guy to cash in this year?

while no doubt the MOSS and TO ...etc.. ARE impact players .IS EVANS? In todays NFL it seems the the wandering gypsy wr make as much or bigger impact the home grown wrs... so do you give a Evans 8-9-10 million a yr ."to be happy"

only MARVIN HARRISON comes to mind as that type player who grew through the team to get mega bucks.. it very rare,, the years future "gyspy i s Chad Johnson.. so does ateam choose a EVANS 9 milion + or chase "a" JOHNSON for less.5-6-7? million?

AS for top linemen ie .. PETERS , they seem rarer than ever and usually stay where they started if the moneys there .

SO I guess my question is do we really need to SIGN BOTH EVANS AND PETERS TO LONG TERM MEGA DEALS??/

I still have a problem with the idea of giving PETERS A 9 MILION $ a year deal that isnt based on incentives the first cple years .... He is still somewhat unseasoned at LT and he wants to be paid PACE OR WALTER JONES type dollars.. HE MAY BE WORTH IT NOW!,,,,,,, BUT ,, so far ,,if it was my cash I want more exsperience to prove it..

thats the way I see it " FROM THE STANDS"

Well, if Evans held out, you'd have Parrish, Reed and Hardy.

If Peters held out, you'd have Kirk Chambers.

I'd rather my QB throw to an Evans-less group of receivers than a Peters-less bunch of Olinemen.

Therefore, priority #1 is extending Mr. Peters (sounds kind of like a spam email).

WHILE PETERS AND EVANS sit on the shelf waiting for the season to start ,you gotta wonder , who really should be the guy to cash in this year?

while no doubt the MOSS and TO ...etc.. ARE impact players .IS EVANS? In todays NFL it seems the the wandering gypsy wr make as much or bigger impact the home grown wrs... so do you give a Evans 8-9-10 million a yr ."to be happy"

only MARVIN HARRISON comes to mind as that type player who grew through the team to get mega bucks.. it very rare,, the years future "gyspy i s Chad Johnson.. so does ateam choose a EVANS 9 milion + or chase "a" JOHNSON for less.5-6-7? million?

AS for top linemen ie .. PETERS , they seem rarer than ever and usually stay where they started if the moneys there .

SO I guess my question is do we really need to SIGN BOTH EVANS AND PETERS TO LONG TERM MEGA DEALS??/

I still have a problem with the idea of giving PETERS A 9 MILION $ a year deal that isnt based on incentives the first cple years .... He is still somewhat unseasoned at LT and he wants to be paid PACE OR WALTER JONES type dollars.. HE MAY BE WORTH IT NOW!,,,,,,, BUT ,, so far ,,if it was my cash I want more exsperience to prove it..

thats the way I see it " FROM THE STANDS"

OL are more important, at least thats what I think. I mean if you dont have a solid OL, your QB cant get the ball to his WR's. Dont get me wrong WR & OL are very important, if point A (OL) dont work, neither will point B (WR). It all starts in the trenches. Get Peters extended, get Evans taken care of. Cause if we dont, its like this team is starting all over again at positions where we finally have talent!

Evans is priority #1. Peters won't miss any games.

Wow that was an unexpected amount of confidence in that statement. Evans showed to voluntary off-season workouts. Peters didn't. Evans is on the last year of his contract, Peters has 3 left. Why did you say what you said? Please explain what you know.

Wow that was an unexpected amount of confidence in that statement. Evans showed to voluntary off-season workouts. Peters didn't. Evans is on the last year of his contract, Peters has 3 left. Why did you say what you said? Please explain what you know.

Because, almost every reputable news source says it's extremely unlikely that Peters will pass up his $3.3 million pay check.

Because we go through this every year with a variety of players. They are "upset" all offseason, may miss some training camp time, but are in the lineup on opening day. Players may be unhappy, but they arent unhappy enough to pass up a multi-million dollar payday and pay the fines on top of that. Peters wont miss any game time.

I happen to think they both need to be extended, but if we could only do one this offseason, i'd extend evans because he's entering the final year. With peters, i stillt hink we need ot pay him, but we've got 3 years to do so.

This is a very simple question to answer IMO

The game is won and lost in the trenches. If you do not have a very good OL and DL you won't have a very good team. DOnahue avoided putting any real talent on our OL and our team suffered. TD took only 1 chance on Mike Williams and that busted, but he never tried to adrees th eOL iwth talent ourside of that one draft pick, sub par FA's and late round picks.

Marv Levy went right to work on the OL, and when he left this year the regime behind him went right to work on the DL... this will make the Bills a better team.

We need both Peters and Evans and we have the money for both so this should be a non issue

In general, it will cost the Bills a lot more to replace Jason Peters, than it would be Lee Evans. It is a tough call, because they are both, two of our best players. Fortunately, the Bills can afford to keep both. I think the Bills would be wise to extend both men now. If Evans hits free agency, IMO, he is as good as gone. And, although Peters has three years left on his deal, he is underpaid. I think, if the Bills wait two or three years to begin renegotiating with him, they will end up paying far more for him...assuming they are on the right track now, why would they want to risk messing with one of the cornerstones of their future success...Peters should be playing left tackle for the Bills for another 10 years.

i've come to think less and less of the skill positions as the years have worn on: success must begin with your lines, on both sides of the ball.

if your line can give your quarterback an extra mississippi, good (note, not "great" or even "elite") receivers can get open more often than not -- likewise, if your line can impose themselves on the other team, even average-good backs can do the job.

so, if i'm forced to choose, i'm choosing elite lt (peters) over very good wr (evans).

Because we go through this every year with a variety of players. They are "upset" all offseason, may miss some training camp time, but are in the lineup on opening day. Players may be unhappy, but they arent unhappy enough to pass up a multi-million dollar payday and pay the fines on top of that. Peters wont miss any game time.

I happen to think they both need to be extended, but if we could only do one this offseason, i'd extend evans because he's entering the final year. With peters, i stillt hink we need ot pay him, but we've got 3 years to do so.

Peters may report in time for the real games, but his chances of missing time due to injury increase significatnly due to the time he misses workouts during the offseason.

he already is recovering from an injury - so he is further at risk.

Good thing the Bills have a good backup plan at LT :cry:

Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers to the rescue :)

Kind of like how Chad Johnson put it... "I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid."

They'll both be there when the season starts, but I'd feel more comfortable about next offseason if Evans was taken care of this year. Next year we'll have Crowell, Peters, and probably more unhappy players yet to be determined.

Peters may report in time for the real games, but his chances of missing time due to injury increase significatnly due to the time he misses workouts during the offseason.

he already is recovering from an injury - so he is further at risk.

Good thing the Bills have a good backup plan at LT :cry:

Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers to the rescue :)

Just because he misses camp time doesnt mean he isnt working out on his own. I highly doubt he's sitting on his ass naked in a beanbag chair eating cheetos.

We're still waiting on a list of all the NFL teams with starting quality LT backups.

Just because he misses camp time doesnt mean he isnt working out on his own. I highly doubt he's sitting on his ass naked in a beanbag chair eating cheetos.

We're still waiting on a list of all the NFL teams with starting quality LT backups.

I was worried there for a minute thinking you had a camera in my house.....

Sure would help if the BILLs had a quality backup at LT.

If the question is who is worth the money in general, OL or WR? - the answer is OL.

If the question is who should the Bills extend right now if they can only extend on contract - the answer is Evans.

If the Bills extend Evans now they'll have both Evans and Peters on the roster for the next three years minimum (and they'll likely still be able to extend Peters later.) If they only extend Peters then Evans is gone after this year. I'm of the opinion that you try to keep your good players on the team while adding additional talent instead of letting your good players walk and attempting to replace them (otherwise known as walking on a treadmill.)