Belicheck & Law at it again?

Thailog80

Who do the Patsies play in the opener?  Do I smell another 41-0 assromp?

5172[/snapback]

Well according to AFCE Schedule they play the Colts, the team they man handled to get to the Superbowl in the game the NFL competition comittee decided was a back breaker in decision to emphasize enforcement of the pass interference rule.

Since the same team just spent a fortune resigning their startuing QB and needs to resign their starting WR and RB next year I doubt they will have the ability to overpay for a last minute cut from the Patriots like we did but I may be wrong; the Colts GM may decide it is time to mortgage the future.

Ted Johnson is a role player now, but he still brings his A game all the time when not hurt. He is the PAts best MLB on the roster. Buffalo pick up of Milloy was a good move, it shored up the safety position. I don't think Samuel is that great ..solid maybe.. a lot to learn. A loss of Law would cause a fall in Harrision play for sure. But Belichek does not have the balls to cut Law. Bills dont have the cap room for Law, he won't be here!

Ted Johnson's career is just about over.  He's been nothing more than a bit player the past few years anyways.  I, for one, hope he retires as a Patriot.

Asante Samuel has actually taken over Tyrone Poole's spot in camp; Poole was relegated to nickel-back duties.  Samuel, by all accounts (I only made it to camp twice) has been very impressive.  He clearly hit the rookie wall last year and didn't make many plays the latter half of the season.  Eugene Wilson (who played S last year) was drafter out of Illinois as a corner and could concievably be moved back to CB if rookies Guss Scott or Dexter Reid pan out to play alongside Rodney Harrison.  Law most likely isn't in NE after this year, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't with the Pats this year.  Law makes game-changing plays, unfortunately the last guy the Pats cut in this fashion (Milloy) hasn't been a game-changer for a few years now.  Not flaming, just a fact as I see it.

5382[/snapback]

Ted Johnson is a role player now, but he still brings his A game all the time when not hurt. He is the PAts best MLB on the roster.  Buffalo pick up of Milloy was a

5574[/snapback]

:w00t:

Roman Phifer and Tedy Bruschi, the starting MLBs for 3+ years now, all say hello.

Johnson hasn't been an impact player since 1998.

I forgot about Bruschi, But his run stopping is suspect, but he is a big play LB.. I think Phifer is more of a role/scheme LB

?? am I correct?

:devil:

Roman Phifer and Tedy Bruschi, the starting MLBs for 3+ years now, all say hello. 

Johnson hasn't been an impact player since 1998.

5593[/snapback]

Ted Johnson's career is just about over.  He's been nothing more than a bit player the past few years anyways.  I, for one, hope he retires as a Patriot.

Asante Samuel has actually taken over Tyrone Poole's spot in camp; Poole was relegated to nickel-back duties.  Samuel, by all accounts (I only made it to camp twice) has been very impressive.  He clearly hit the rookie wall last year and didn't make many plays the latter half of the season.  Eugene Wilson (who played S last year) was drafter out of Illinois as a corner and could concievably be moved back to CB if rookies Guss Scott or Dexter Reid pan out to play alongside Rodney Harrison.  Law most likely isn't in NE after this year, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't with the Pats this year.  Law makes game-changing plays, unfortunately the last guy the Pats cut in this fashion (Milloy) hasn't been a game-changer for a few years now.  Not flaming, just a fact as I see it.

5382[/snapback]

The big question is will Law be able to keep up the high level of play now that the new contact rules are in place, and will Bellechick gamble that he can?

Guest Guest_dogbyte_*

Law does not train with the team. He does everything on his own. The workout bonus for everyone was if the players trained at the teams facility not on their owm. What the coach does not want is some players doing their own thing while others have to do something else. The coach wants a team concept of doing things not a team were some players are treated differently' than others. Law had refused to come to the team facility he trained in Florida i do not think BB is going to cut Law if he did the Bills would have to come up with a 20 mil signing bonus and about 8 mil a year. That is what his agent wants. His agent is the Postons brothers.

The big question is will Law be able to keep up the high level of play now that the new contact rules are in place, and will Bellechick gamble that he can?

5718[/snapback]

Legit question. More than any CB that immediately comes to mind, Law's game is taking other receivers out of the game physically.

Law does not train with the team. He does everything on his own. The workout bonus for everyone was if the players trained at the teams facility not on their owm. What the coach does not want is some players doing their own thing while others have to do something else. The coach wants a team concept of doing things not a team were some players are treated differently' than others. Law had refused to come to the team facility he trained in Florida i do not think BB is going to cut Law if he did the Bills would have to come up with a 20 mil signing bonus and about 8 mil a year. That is what his agent wants. His agent is the Postons brothers.

5734[/snapback]

I don't know what Belichick's doing here. I'm sure there's a method to his madness - there always is - but what he's doing by withholding the bonus seems penny-wise and pound-foolish to me. Law is one of the top reasons why the Patriots have been so successful during these last three years.

It's not news to the Pats that Law trains with sprinter Bob Kersee (husband of Jackie Joyner-Kersee) every year and usually reports to camp in terrific shape. The bonus has been paid in years past, if I'm not mistaken. I'm at a loss to explain BB's actions, frankly. Maybe it's motivation, I don't know.

I will say that the prospect of a secondary with an aging Rodney Harrison, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel and Ty Poole frightens me.

WTF?  They're fighting over pennies? 

Man, their coach has a huge ego problem. 

Very similar to that of Hitler's.

5395[/snapback]

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.

Congratulations.

Archived