Roger Goodell is here

Goodell is a long time Chautauquan.

His speech will hopefully be posted as a podcast within the next day or two. Frank Deford's podcast is up from earlier in the week.

http://podcasts.ciweb.org/

there you go...it should be up quickly. I'll let ya'll know if anything pertaining to Lynch in particular arises....(or is it a rises :wallbash::wallbash: )

A Freudian slip from Goodell to the Buffalo News????

"I don't accept that, from the standpoint that it's strengthening the team here in Buffalo, and it has made the team more successful. It's regionalizing it, just as we did in the 1990s when we started selling tickets more aggressively in the Southern Tier, the Rochester area and out to Syracuse."

Me likey a commish who is a Bills fan and refers to the team as WE...

Note he did not do this throughout the rest of the article.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/379971.html

OK...not much to report really...

NOTHING mentioned about Lynch....Chautauqua isn't about that...

Says the Bills are even more cemented in Buffalo because of the $ coming to them from Toronto which makes them more profitable as a team.

He grew up in Chautauqua....

My brother was there with a very large client so he spent more time with them rather then hanging on every word Goodell said. Hopefully the podcast will take care your blood lust for knowledge.

Sorry not more to report.

Tom

Just got home, so it'll be a while yet before I can crank out a serious story. Till then, a few notes:

Recorded GR's interview as I drove down from Buffalo this morning. He did address the Lynch situation with Howard and Whitey ... sort of. The league has been waiting for the legal system to run its course before making any decision, so he didn't have much to say.

"It is a league matter, once it's been resolved locally. I think right now, at this stage, we want to see what the facts are. We need to see what the charges are -- if there are any charges -- understand the facts, and then be able to act in relationship to our Personal Conduct Policy."

He went on to talk about the policy, but mentioned nothing further on Lynch.

Oh, and since he grew up in D.C. while his father was in Congress, he was a Colts/Redskins fan. (Of course, Buffalo is still the "hometown" team.) That's the one negative he admitted about his job -- he can't have a favorite team. To him, "we" means the entire league. When he watches a game, he roots for two things: a comeback by whichever team is behind, and for the refs to get all the calls right. Since the only job he ever wanted was to work for the NFL, he's accepted the tradeoff.

More later ...