Supreme Court strikes down D.C. handgun ban

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so terribly excited about this.

Your sarcasm aside, what's not to be excited about? The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution has been upheld! I think it's great news. Do you know the facts of the case that was argued? It made absolutely NO sense.

I'm not sure about you, but as a hunter and as someone who believes in my right to protect my family and property, I think this is an exceptional victory, not to mention for the law abiding citizens of DC.

Your sarcasm aside, what's not to be excited about? The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution has been upheld! I think it's great news. Do you know the facts of the case that was argued? It made absolutely NO sense.

I'm not sure about you, but as a hunter and as someone who believes in my right to protect my family and property, I think this is an exceptional victory, not to mention for the law abiding citizens of DC.

I do agree about the second amendment being upheld concerning the right to protect family and property. Don't care so much about hunting. That aside, I do see why the DC government had this law. I am hoping that gun advocates can fight to come up with some idea to hopefully keep guns out of the wrong hands as much as they fight to keep them in their own law abiding hands.

He obviously has no respect of the Constitution. This is a Historic Day.

What laws do you suggest in addition to the many that we already have?

The anti-gunners are now trying to prohibit ammunition sales as a way to circumvent the Constitution. Call me crazy, but that's why I'm stocking up.

He obviously has no respect of the Constitution. This is a Historic Day.

You are right I have no respect for the Constitution. What a dumb thing to say.

Side note: Both sides won today. According to the Post the ruling still leaves DC "a variety of tools for combating that problem, including some measures regulating handguns."

What laws do you suggest in addition to the many that we already have?

The anti-gunners are now trying to prohibit ammunition sales as a way to circumvent the Constitution. Call me crazy, but that's why I'm stocking up.

I think that both sides can work towards closing the gun show loop holes, etc., etc.

Funny how the same liberal justices who granted a constitutional right-to-life for serial child rapists, today ruled in their minority opinion that the government may ban law-abiding americans the right to keep and bear arms.

Gotta love that twisted philosophy of "evolving standards".

Obviously being sarcastic... something that happens regularly on this board.

I just have hard time when people state what other people believe in and respect:

I responded to your sarcasm at about the same time you responded to Jarhead. I hadn't seen the other post. Thats why I chided you. :thumbsup:

Funny how the same liberal justices who granted a constitutional right-to-life for serial child rapists, today ruled in their minority opinion that the government may ban law-abiding americans the right to keep and bear arms.

Gotta love that twisted philosophy of "evolving standards".

liberalism = hypocrisy

Case in point: George Soros.

if that motherf*cker REALLY cared about the little guy, why the hell doesn't he give away his billions to the poor?

A blow has been struck for government by the consent of the governed. :thumbsup:

And saddened that 4 Justices wanted to toss the 2nd Amendment into the trash can.

The Founding Fathers established the individual right to own arms as the 2nd Amendment for a reason...

2nd Amendment - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As stated before, I understand people wanting a weapon for protection of family, home and hunting. I would never own a gun in a million years. However I do have to ask out of curiosity - does the 2nd Amendment mean individuals on their own or as a "well regulated Militia"? Should the Constitution be taken word for word?

Side notes: D.C. can still bar handguns from being carried outside of the home. Of course, without the proper licensing. With my understanding of why people want this right, there is always this demonstration that pushes the "dislike" of some gun advocates: http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co...08062601655.jpg