Donte Whitner

DDD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears win out on that trade thus far. McCargo has hardly distinguished himself during his NFL tenure and Manning has been a pretty solid contributor for the Bears, having started most of their games last year at safety, forcing 4 fumbles and playing very good special teams. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, McCargo has yet to get past #2 on the depth chart. Let's see what Dusty D and McCargo do this year.

Perhaps you should ask yourself a couple of questions when it comes to McCargo, like, how has he played when he has been out there. Oh, yeah, he had the highest sack total for a DT on the team, and he had the highest percentage of Solo Tackles/Total Tackles rating on the team and the highest tackle for loss numbers on our team as a DT last year. Perhaps that is why any person who looks at or writes about this team's D says that he will almost definitely have a great year this season next to Stroud. Also, last year was effectively his rookie season considering he missed thirteen games his first year with a foot injury that required surgery. So please, stop judging players that you clearly have no knowledge about. And also, he is first on the depth chart at the 3-Tech this season, with Stroud being the first string at the 1-Tech. Those two together should be an excellent combination.

As for your comments about Whitner, I think his play on the field has demonstrated that he was worth the 8th pick in the draft. He is in on almost every defensive play and he is rarely beaten when he picks up deep coverage. He also has extremely good tackling numbers and technique. More importantly, he has asserted himself as a leader on the Defense and is taking that role seriously. Considering that he is the person on the field who is responsible for calling the defensive signals for the secondary, I would say that is a pretty big deal. So before you go criticizing players, perhaps you should look at the stats and review the games. With Whitner and McCargo you clearly haven't done either.

Perhaps you should ask yourself a couple of questions when it comes to McCargo, like, how has he played when he has been out there. Oh, yeah, he had the highest sack total for a DT on the team, and he had the highest percentage of Solo Tackles/Total Tackles rating on the team and the highest tackle for loss numbers on our team as a DT last year.

Yes, because our group of DTs was a very special group. So special that the starting DT got cut. Raking up stats when you're part of a below-average unit is not really something to brag about -- but I suppose you feel differently. John DiGiorgio was second on the team in tackles and first in fumble recoveries -- he filled in admirably for Poz... that's not to say he's a starting-caliber player.

Perhaps that is why any person who looks at or writes about this team's D says that he will almost definitely have a great year this season next to Stroud. Also, last year was effectively his rookie season considering he missed thirteen games his first year with a foot injury that required surgery.

McCargo still has yet to distinguish himself as a first round pick. Danieal Manning's contributions to the Bears far surpass those of John McCargo -- couple that with the fact that Manning was a 3rd round pick, the Bears got the better end of the deal THUS FAR. If McCargo tears it up this year? Then we'll be having a different conversation. I never said he's a bad player. I simply said he has yet to distinguish himself -- and that's a fact.

So please, stop judging players that you clearly have no knowledge about. And also, he is first on the depth chart at the 3-Tech this season, with Stroud being the first string at the 1-Tech. Those two together should be an excellent combination.

Really?

So before you go criticizing players, perhaps you should look at the stats and review the games.

I have. And regurgitate all the stats you want, he's not as good as Bob Sanders. He's a pretty good player though. So hold onto that #20 jersey! :rolleyes: