How this off-season might unfold.

Justice

There has been a lot of activity this off-season. Jason Peters' holdout, Lee Evans' contract negotiations and Marshawn Lynch's legal and possible league problems stemming from his notorious hit and run come to mind as some examples that headlined Buffalo's off-season. Here's my take on what might unfold. What's yours?

1. Jason Peters

#71 is without a doubt the best player on the entire roster and maybe even the best LT in the entire league. He's the third highest paid lineman on the Bils' offensive line. He just signed a couple of years ago and he was being paid as a RT at that time.

My take: Peters should be paid the money he deserves. He needs to be the highest paid lineman on the team. Since Jason has three years remaining on his current deal he should come at a discounted price. I'd give him a 7 year deal worth $52 million with $20 million guaranteed right away.

What might happen: Jason will miss some or all of training camp and Buffalo will lure him back to camp by assuring him of a new deal next year.

2. Lee Evans

Lee Evans is a good receiver with burning speed. The QB situation in Buffalo since Lee's arrival has been unstable, to say the least. Evans has already been offered a deal by the Bills and has apparently turned it down.

My take: By no means is Lee Evans an elite receiver and shouldn't be paid like one. I think the Bills should give him a deal similar to Javon Walkers' contract with Oakland.

What might happen: Evans will play out the year with his current deal and try to break the bank next year. Lee will have a nice year, demand too much money and won't be re-signed.

3. Marshawn Lynch

Marshawn Lynch was the driver in a hit and run. He may or may not have known if he had hit the girl with his SUV. Lynch's legal problems will soon be over and will not receive any jail time.

My take: Lynch had a clean record before the incident and should be given the benefit of the doubt. The evidence shows he didn't even slow down so he may not have kniown he hit the woman. There will be no suspension.

What might happen: Marshawn will be given a stern warning and will be put on the League's Drug Program. There will be no games missed due to suspension.

Peter's get a new deal just before training camp starts. Lee gets his deal next week. And Lynch gets this all put behind him without any league action, presuming he stays out of trouble the next few years, at least.

What might happen: Jason will miss some or all of training camp and Buffalo will lure him back to camp by assuring him of a new deal next year.

What might happen #2: Jason will miss some or all of training camp, be fined heavily, and will show up once the bullets start flying because at the end of the day he really doesn't have a choice if he wants to be a professional football player. Unfortunately the Bills will likely be soft and lift the fines once he shows.

I'd love to see Evans and Crowell locked up before the season starts - they are the priorities as impending free agents, not Peters.

What might happen #2: Jason will miss some or all of training camp, be fined heavily, and will show up once the bullets start flying because at the end of the day he really doesn't have a choice if he wants to be a professional football player. Unfortunately the Bills will likely be soft and lift the fines once he shows.

I'd love to see Evans and Crowell locked up before the season starts - they are the priorities as impending free agents, not Peters.

Peters was given a deal when he was a RT. Buffalo should extend him. No way Peters should be paid less than Walker.