UB football season tickets

Gill wants pressure on players to succeed.

Fans have been gobbling up season tickets at a brisk pace. UB has 500 new season-ticket requests — a 23 percent increase from a year ago — and an average of 100 season tickets have sold each week over the last three weeks. The school sold 8,896 season tickets in 2007 and hopes to eclipse the record of 11,000 sold in 2006.

“There’s a lot of tough times going, not just here in Buffalo, but all around the country, and I don’t take that lightly,” Gill said. “We want to give people a release from their everyday walk of life, have an opportunity for some entertainment and feel good about their community and feel good about the university within the community.”

I like to think that my signature and constant posting may have swayed a few of you to grab some seats. UB is now offering 4 season tickets for $150!! That's $37.50 each for a 6 game package! This is going to be a great year, possibly even a bowl year. Considering the economy and the constant threat of the Bills moving, UB football is a good alternative. Heck, they even have a home game on the Bills bye weekend, so if your jonesing for a tailgate and some football, there you go.

PTR