Netflix a sinking ship?

Fezmid

It doesn't take anywhere near 6 months anymore -- more like 3-4. :lol:

The cost of going to the theater is ridiculous. When I visited Niagara Falls, I went to see Iron Man with my wife and sister. With drinks, popcorn, and some pretzel things, the cost was $52! Insane.

thats not bad, go to a sporting event or concert

Also, go on Tuesday nights. i went last night with my girlfriend to see Wanted, $4.20 a ticket

netflix is not going down. they're just streamlining their product. how the hell can a movie delivery service go out of service before the theaters, based on the current state of gas prices?

And on a personal note, netflix BETTER not go down. i've got about 100 movies in my queue, and i'd be rather pissed off if they went away.

I disagree. Have you noticed that the cable companies are now offering movies on demand at the same time they are being released on DVDs? (which was always the problem with ondemand, you had to wait too long). As providers continue to increase their bandwith and offer more movie choices, Netflix will find it difficult to compete.

thats not bad, go to a sporting event or concert

Also, go on Tuesday nights. i went last night with my girlfriend to see Wanted, $4.20 a ticket

We went on a weekday, at noon... And there were only 2 other people in the whole theater, aside from the three of us....

Tickets were still $8/each.

Yes, sporting events cost more -- but you can't wait a few months and watch the same sporting event at home for only $8 on DVD (or "free" if you rent it from Netflix).

Do you have a drive-in nearby? We got three, and a fourth that would be a do-able drive. Last week all of them had Wall-E and Get Smart showing as double features. The one closest to us is only $6/person.

Do you have a drive-in nearby? We got three, and a fourth that would be a do-able drive. Last week all of them had Wall-E and Get Smart showing as double features. The one closest to us is only $6/person.

We have one - but the picture and audio quality is nothing compared to my theater, so we don't usually go.

They show 3 movies here, but I don't know how much (it's been a few years). The cool thing is that you can bring your own grill and make food before the movies. :lol:

We have one - but the picture and audio quality is nothing compared to my theater, so we don't usually go.

They show 3 movies here, but I don't know how much (it's been a few years). The cool thing is that you can bring your own grill and make food before the movies. :lol:

Who cares about the video and audio quality...they are still cool. <_< They only have one left here. I just went there about a year ago and loved it.

Closest decent drive-in is a 90 mile round trip so add $16 at 24mpg. :thumbsup:

I loved it as a teen when one person would drive, and the trunk would have 6 people stuffed in it (big cars back in the late 60's)

Or you would tell your 13 year old "shut up, you are eleven!" :w00t: