[closed]lynch better

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark says an agreement in principle has been reached regarding Marshawn Lynch's hit-and-run case. The D.A. has determined that Lynch was "behind the wheel."

Clark stopped short of accusing Lynch of driving, which seems extremely odd. But it appears Lynch will be charged with a Class A misdemeanor. Lynch, who's currently in California, is expected back in Buffalo next week and will make a statement. He will also be arrested. Lynch is not believed to be in danger of jail time, but some discipline from the NFL can't be ruled out.

If it is Class A, I don't see how a suspension from the league would be warranted.

As a fan you thank God that nobody was seriously hurt and hope the young man 'learned his lesson'. He (apparently) did several foolish/dangerous/illegal things and he looks to be getting off relatively scott free.

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark says an agreement in principle has been reached regarding Marshawn Lynch's hit-and-run case. The D.A. has determined that Lynch was "behind the wheel."

Clark stopped short of accusing Lynch of driving, which seems extremely odd. But it appears Lynch will be charged with a Class A misdemeanor. Lynch, who's currently in California, is expected back in Buffalo next week and will make a statement. He will also be arrested. Lynch is not believed to be in danger of jail time, but some discipline from the NFL can't be ruled out.

pssst........according to Rotoworld. :lol:

1. It wasn't odd at all if you listened to what he actually said.

2. We don't know at all what he will be charged with, and Clark gave no indication of it whatsoever, other than imply it was pled down.

3. He is not going to be arrested. It may just be a traffic violation. He will, however, plead guilty to SOME charge. We don't know what that is.

4. He could go to jail, we just don't know what he agreed to. It's unlikely but there was nothing in the press conference that mentioned jail time.

5. The NFL doesn't have much more to go on now than it did a week ago, and we have no idea either way whether they will discipline him at all.

IMO it's 50-50 that he is even charged with the hit-and-run. From the sound of it, the charge may be less than that. I'm not sure. IMO, whatever it is, he will not go to jail, he will do some community service and pay a very small fine, like $500.00. The public announcement will likely be that he had no idea he hit anything or anyone, although I have no idea if that is true or not. I highly doubt any suspension by the league.

1. It wasn't odd at all if you listened to what he actually said.

2. We don't know at all what he will be charged with, and Clark gave no indication of it whatsoever, other than imply it was pled down.

3. He is not going to be arrested. It may just be a traffic violation. He will, however, plead guilty to SOME charge. We don't know what that is.

4. He could go to jail, we just don't know what he agreed to. It's unlikely but there was nothing in the press conference that mentioned jail time.

5. The NFL doesn't have much more to go on now than it did a week ago, and we have no idea either way whether they will discipline him at all.

IMO it's 50-50 that he is even charged with the hit-and-run. From the sound of it, the charge may be less than that. I'm not sure. IMO, whatever it is, he will not go to jail, he will do some community service and pay a very small fine, like $500.00. The public announcement will likely be that he had no idea he hit anything or anyone, although I have no idea if that is true or not. I highly doubt any suspension by the league.

It might be "leaving the scene of an accident", for whatever that might mean in a particular jurisdiction.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.