I'm Not Saying i Want to Sleep With You Guys, but...

ajzepp

...I would like to know if any of you have recommendations for good sheets. I've been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor for a little while, and finally got around to ordering my new mattress and platform bed today. I need to order some sheets to go with it, and I don't know "sheet" about this.

Does higher thread count correlate with greater comfort? Is there a particular material I should get? I don't mind spending a few bucks on sleep quality, so I'm not tying to go on the cheap here...I'll spend more if it's justified.

...I would like to know if any of you have recommendations for good sheets. I've been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor for a little while, and finally got around to ordering my new mattress and platform bed today. I need to order some sheets to go with it, and I don't know "sheet" about this.

Does higher thread count correlate with greater comfort? Is there a particular material I should get? I don't mind spending a few bucks on sleep quality, so I'm not tying to go on the cheap here...I'll spend more if it's justified.

Lana? Have at it. :lol:

So Lana is sick of sleeping on a crappy mattress on the floor, and made you buy the new mattress and bed. Now she told you she wants some new sheets too...next time i'd recommend asking on a site where she doesnt post. :lol:

So Lana is sick of sleeping on a crappy mattress on the floor, and made you buy the new mattress and bed. Now she told you she wants some new sheets too...next time i'd recommend asking on a site where she doesnt post. :lol:

:lol:

Generally. The higher the thread count, the better quality/comfort sheet it is. At least thats what I hear. :lol:

Holy shiit. Did you really just post a message that had the words thread count in it? It's official, the board's gone gay.

lol...come on, man...I have to sleep in the daytime...I want my bed to be comfortable!

Cotton Sateen (not satin). At least 500 thread count. I use 800 but I spoil myself when it comes to sleeping. You can usually find some good deals on overstock.com.

And if you REALLY want to be comfy and sleep on a cloud - try the 2" memory foam overlay on your mattress.

Go to a good, old-line department store - a Macy's or whatever. Then ask a clerk that works in the bedding department for their advice. They have the expertise and experience to guide you to the proper purchase.

Generally. The higher the thread count, the better quality/comfort sheet it is. At least thats what I hear. :lol:

So these 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets on Amazon should be pretty good? :lol:

Cotton Sateen (not satin). At least 500 thread count. I use 800 but I spoil myself when it comes to sleeping. You can usually find some good deals on overstock.com.

And if you REALLY want to be comfy and sleep on a cloud - try the 2" memory foam overlay on your mattress.

Thanks, Aussie :lol:

I forgot about Overstock.com...I'll definitely check there.

As for the overlay, in this case it would be redundant :lol:http://www.bragada.com/product.php?ver=0&id=15&fid=1

Thats first class, My man!! :lol:

:lol:

On my wedding night back in 2002, we were upgraded to an $1800/night room at one of Atlanta's nicest hotels (Westin Peachtree). I meant to ask them what sheets they used, but DAMN they were nice. I'd like to get into that sort of product if possible.

Why not Satin? =p

Time to retire the Batman sheets?