[closed]McKinnie vs. Lynch situation

I wonder what everyone thinks is worse, felony battery charges or a misdemeanor hit and run? The only reason I'm asking is that the Vikings McKinnie has 4 charges against him including felony battery and has seen no discipline, yet, from the NFL. This makes me feel like its more likely Lynch won't be suspended

I wonder what everyone thinks is worse, felony battery charges or a misdemeanor hit and run? The only reason I'm asking is that the Vikings McKinnie has 4 charges against him including felony battery and has seen no discipline, yet, from the NFL. This makes me feel like its more likely Lynch won't be suspended

Hit and run is worse...drunken fights are common, and probably all of us at one time or another have gotten into them. However, a hit and run is something so heinous that none of us, and likely nobody we ever know or will know, would ever consider doing...

It's a case by case basis. Roger Goddell has said he doesn't have to use precedent or take other cases in consideration when making his decisions. It could be no suspenstion, 2 games, 4 games, 8 games, or the whole season. You can't compare Lynch's case with anyone else. It's unique to the situation.

Sooner or later the situation will be resolved in the eyes of the law. Once that is done we will hear from the NFL. I am sure that Roger Goodell will have a one on one meeting with Marshawn. In that meeting Marshawn is going to have to explain the situation to Mr. Goodell. If Marshawn takes a plea deal then Marshawn is going to have to explain to the Commish why he didn't take it the day after the hit and run. Marshawn will have to answer several questions from the Commish and be convincing in his answers.

I wouldn't really worry about it. Nobody really knows the full story yet. If Jared Allen can get a couple of DUI's, a four game suspension and then have it reduced to 2 days for showing remorse and taking steps to correct the situation. Then i don't have any reason to believe that Marshawn wouldn't get something similar.

Hit and run is worse...drunken fights are common, and probably all of us at one time or another have gotten into them. However, a hit and run is something so heinous that none of us, and likely nobody we ever know or will know, would ever consider doing...

It's still a misdemeanor and no ones knows if Lynch was driving (and even in the car for sure). He ain't getting suspended. McKinnie probably won't either.

It's a case by case basis. Roger Goddell has said he doesn't have to use precedent or take other cases in consideration when making his decisions. It could be no suspenstion, 2 games, 4 games, 8 games, or the whole season. You can't compare Lynch's case with anyone else. It's unique to the situation.

Sooner or later the situation will be resolved in the eyes of the law. Once that is done we will hear from the NFL. I am sure that Roger Goodell will have a one on one meeting with Marshawn. In that meeting Marshawn is going to have to explain the situation to Mr. Goodell. If Marshawn takes a plea deal then Marshawn is going to have to explain to the Commish why he didn't take it the day after the hit and run. Marshawn will have to answer several questions from the Commish and be convincing in his answers.

I wouldn't really worry about it. Nobody really knows the full story yet. If Jared Allen can get a couple of DUI's, a four game suspension and then have it reduced to 2 days for showing remorse and taking steps to correct the situation. Then i don't have any reason to believe that Marshawn wouldn't get something similar.

we'll get an answer from the law at 2:30 PM ET today

Sometimes you are in the right in a fight. You are always wrong if you hit someone and drive away. I consider the later cowardly, pathetic, and inhumane

And also, legally speaking, smart. I don't agree with this at all, but Lynch and crew are legally a lot better off drinivng away than staying and facing the cops. It's wrong but that's the system.

It's legally smart to hit and run? :lol:

From a purely technical standpoint, yes, it could be argued that legally you do more to protect your rights by leaving than by staying. Please understand I'm not addressing any moral issues here.

By leaving, one avoids the prospect of being arrested for DWI, and one avoids any confrontations with witnesses or bystanders that can only go very badly.

Morally, of course, you'd like to see the driver stop to assist the pedestrian and own up to his actions.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.