ESPN Fantasy

Not sure if anyone took the time to post these, but some interesting reads in the ESPN Fantasy issue (Adrian Peterson on the cover)

(Mike and Mike in the morning)

Golic: I was never a true believer in Alex Smith as the No. 1 pick, although I thought he could be a good quarterback for SF

Greenberg: I still feel bad for Smith, How many different O-Coordinators has he had in his three years in the NFL?

Golic: If I had to pick one young QB who's going to be fantasy-worthy, it would be Trent Edwards. I really liked his arm in college.

Surprised Golic was a Stanford fan :lol:

(On Wide Receiver Rookies)

Brendan Roberts gives an argument for Bills second-rounder James Hardy. He's the only rookie who will be an instant red zone threat. Pete Becker, a Packers fan whose wife is a Bills fan, casts the deciding vote, saying, "We're going James Jones over James Hardy, and I'm sleeping on the couch."

(On Busts and Sleepers)

Sleeper: James Hardy: The rookie reciever is huge (6'6") and can run like the wind. The Mighty Mites, otherwise known as the Bills receiving corps, could use him immediately, especially in the red zone.

Bust: Lee Evans: It's hard to trust a receiver who topped 100 yards only twice last season. Even in his breakout 2006 season, he totaled 100 yards just three times.

#8 Pick overall?

Should be Marshawn Lynch. considered #3 least-volatile (least likely to implode) player in the NFL.

QB Ranking: #25 Trent Edwards: He has Dick Jauron as his coach, and he, friends, is what is known as a fantasy killer. The Bills will run a ton and try to shorten games with a tough D. Edwards is a bright kid with a quick release, but he's probably never going to be known as a deep-bomb artist. In fact, this spring Jauron said that new coordinator Turk Schoner is installing more plays with three-step drops. (#36, JP Losman)

RB Ranking: #8 Marshawn Lynch (rocketing to the top) Nevermind his 4.0 YPC, 26 targets and only 18 receptions as a rookie, Dude has game-breaking skills. He lost time in passing situations in 2007, but Lynch will be Buffalo's every-down back this year. He's fast and powerful, and coming out of college was regarded as a terrific receiver. As Trent Edwards solidifies himself as the starting QB, Lynch will become a more favored target.

As I can get more on here I'll update, but figured this would be good information to start off for the ridiculous, sad Buffalo fantasy player.

WR Ranking: Lee Evans #21: (Falling off) Whoa-- This career took a southerly turn, and fast, didn't it? Evans simply isn't physical or precise enough a route runner to get open when defenses focus on him. The Bills and Evans would benefit from more derring-do in the passing game. Alas, run-first Dick Jauron is still at the helm, and he's promising more three-step drops in 2008.

James Hardy #60: In the land of bonsai trees, the sequoia is king. How deep. Surrounded by 5'10" Josh Reed, 5'10" Lee Evans and 5'9" Roscoe Parrish, the 6'6" Hardy should have little trouble standing out in Buffalo as a rookie. The Bills don't have any reliable possession receivers, so there's a good chance Hardy will see the field early. But his game is adaptable too. He's physical enough to play a Plaxico Burress-like role in the red zone. And while he isn't fast and doesn't have great feet, he's a nifty leaper with great body control. (Josh Reed #93 (Sleeper), Roscoe Parrish #122)

TE Ranking: Robert Royal #48: No longer just a blocker, Royal has gotten 35, 39, and 38 targets the past three seasons. Michael Gaines stole some catches toward the end of 07, but he's moved on to Detroit. So while Royal is not particularly exciting, he will likely be an every-down player and serve as the main safety valve for Trent Edwards. (Derek Schouman #73)

K Ranking: Rian Lindell #28: He's a really good kicker trapped in a really bad situation. It's freezing in Buffalo, and Dick Jauron runs an extremely tight offensive ship. As a result, Lindell has made more than 24 kicks exactly once in his five years as a Bill. Talk to us when Mike Martz takes over.

D Ranking: Buffalo Bills, #17: (Sleeper) For a unit that was absolutely bowled over by opposing backs two years ago and decimated by injuries last season, the Bills' rush defense held up reasonably well in 2007. What's more, the team addressed its two weakest links in the run game (tackle and weakside linebacker) in the off-season. The additions of DT Marcus Stroud and LB Kawika Mitchell, plus a ball-control offense led by a more seasoned Trent Edwards, should translate to three-and-outs and extra nap time for this D. What about big plays? The front four and safeties will pull their weight in Cover 2, but the cornerbacks are flawed, so the Bills won't rattle many veteran QBs. But gold-standard return teams give this unit an edge.

IDP: Aaron Schobel #11

Linebackers: Angelo Crowell #22, Paul Posluszny #47

D-Backs: Donte Whitner #29, Terrence McGee #31

KC Joyners one on one Dodge: Terrence McGee.

Playing in one of the NFL's youngest secondaries, this vet had one of the best seasons of his career (5.8 YPA). The longest completion McGee allowed was 25 yards.

4th best Deep WR: Lee Evans

8th best YPA corner: Terrence McGee (Jabari Greer #31)

#1 best at defending deep: Terrence McGee

But we need better corners :lol:

Bust: Lee Evans: It's hard to trust a receiver who topped 100 yards only twice last season. Even in his breakout 2006 season, he totaled 100 yards just three times.

He also had 7+ TD's in both years prior to his breakout '06 season.

This is like the team equivalent of calling the '08 Bears a bust - you're a year late - just seems like a ridiculous frontrunning comment. I mean nobody is going to rank him ahead of an Andre Johnson or an Anquan Boldin this year (which I never bought into last year anyway)...if anything Lee could be a real bargain this year in non-homer drafts.

6 for 6 on deep balls defensed (passes over 30 yards). How great is that?

Jabari was 9 for 11, both that were let go were while covering Randy Moss.

I'm guessing the Bills feel that Jabari is a very good cover corner, but gets overpowered by larger receivers. He would be a great nickel corner.

I'm guessing the Bills feel that Jabari is a very good cover corner, but gets overpowered by larger receivers. He would be a great nickel corner.

My thoughts too. Jabari, when faced up on Randy, just can't take him. He did a pretty good job against T.O., but as a nickel guy I think he'd be pretty great.

WR Ranking: Lee Evans #21: (Falling off) Whoa-- This career took a southerly turn, and fast, didn't it? Evans simply isn't physical or precise enough a route runner to get open when defenses focus on him. The Bills and Evans would benefit from more derring-do in the passing game. Alas, run-first Dick Jauron is still at the helm, and he's promising more three-step drops in 2008.

James Hardy #60: In the land of bonsai trees, the sequoia is king. How deep. Surrounded by 5'10" Josh Reed, 5'10" Lee Evans and 5'9" Roscoe Parrish, the 6'6" Hardy should have little trouble standing out in Buffalo as a rookie. The Bills don't have any reliable possession receivers, so there's a good chance Hardy will see the field early. But his game is adaptable too. He's physical enough to play a Plaxico Burress-like role in the red zone. And while he isn't fast and doesn't have great feet, he's a nifty leaper with great body control. (Josh Reed #93 (Sleeper), Roscoe Parrish #122)

TE Ranking: Robert Royal #48: No longer just a blocker, Royal has gotten 35, 39, and 38 targets the past three seasons. Michael Gaines stole some catches toward the end of 07, but he's moved on to Detroit. So while Royal is not particularly exciting, he will likely be an every-down player and serve as the main safety valve for Trent Edwards. (Derek Schouman #73)

K Ranking: Rian Lindell #28: He's a really good kicker trapped in a really bad situation. It's freezing in Buffalo, and Dick Jauron runs an extremely tight offensive ship. As a result, Lindell has made more than 24 kicks exactly once in his five years as a Bill. Talk to us when Mike Martz takes over.

D Ranking: Buffalo Bills, #17: (Sleeper) For a unit that was absolutely bowled over by opposing backs two years ago and decimated by injuries last season, the Bills' rush defense held up reasonably well in 2007. What's more, the team addressed its two weakest links in the run game (tackle and weakside linebacker) in the off-season. The additions of DT Marcus Stroud and LB Kawika Mitchell, plus a ball-control offense led by a more seasoned Trent Edwards, should translate to three-and-outs and extra nap time for this D. What about big plays? The front four and safeties will pull their weight in Cover 2, but the cornerbacks are flawed, so the Bills won't rattle many veteran QBs. But gold-standard return teams give this unit an edge.

IDP: Aaron Schobel #11

Linebackers: Angelo Crowell #22, Paul Posluszny #47

D-Backs: Donte Whitner #29, Terrence McGee #31

KC Joyners one on one Dodge: Terrence McGee.

Playing in one of the NFL's youngest secondaries, this vet had one of the best seasons of his career (5.8 YPA). The longest completion McGee allowed was 25 yards.

4th best Deep WR: Lee Evans

8th best YPA corner: Terrence McGee (Jabari Greer #31)

#1 best at defending deep: Terrence McGee

But we need better corners :lol:

Ya man these idiots don't proofread what they write? At least post "facts" that'll support your subjectivity not proclaim you a dumbass in b&w.

Sleeper: James Hardy: The rookie reciever is huge (6'6") and can run like the wind

James Hardy #60: In the land of bonsai trees, the sequoia is king. How deep. Surrounded by 5'10" Josh Reed, 5'10" Lee Evans and 5'9" Roscoe Parrish, the 6'6" Hardy should have little trouble standing out in Buffalo as a rookie. The Bills don't have any reliable possession receivers, so there's a good chance Hardy will see the field early. But his game is adaptable too. He's physical enough to play a Plaxico Burress-like role in the red zone. And while he isn't fast and doesn't have great feet, he's a nifty leaper with great body control

So I guess my question is, what does a fast receiver run like?

Sleeper: James Hardy: The rookie reciever is huge (6'6") and can run like the wind

James Hardy #60: In the land of bonsai trees, the sequoia is king. How deep. Surrounded by 5'10" Josh Reed, 5'10" Lee Evans and 5'9" Roscoe Parrish, the 6'6" Hardy should have little trouble standing out in Buffalo as a rookie. The Bills don't have any reliable possession receivers, so there's a good chance Hardy will see the field early. But his game is adaptable too. He's physical enough to play a Plaxico Burress-like role in the red zone. And while he isn't fast and doesn't have great feet, he's a nifty leaper with great body control

So I guess my question is, what does a fast receiver run like?

Nice catch... no pun intended