Mississippi River threatens more Midwest levees.

erynthered

Where there is a will, there is a way. The army of corp of engineers could figure out a way to do it if they really wanted to. They already bring water from the Colorado to California. Sounds about the same challenge. This would relieve flooding and help out west. It's a win - win for everybody. And create jobs as well.

Did you read my post? Just imagine the task of getting every entity on board... Especially in this polictical climate.

Certainly somebody's "freedom" would be abridged.

Look at the "water war" on the Missouri river and the states that are innvolved there!

I see what you are saying... It is quite grand and very well meaning!

Did you read my post? Just imagine the task of getting every entity on board... Especially in this polictical climate.

Certainly somebody's "freedom" would be abridged.

Look at the "water war" on the Missouri river and the states that are innvolved there!

I see what you are saying... It is quite grand and very well meaning!

I know it wont be easy, but if the government really wanted too, they could do it.

I know it wont be easy, but if the government really wanted too, they could do it.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea... It is just surplus water that could be put to use where it is needed.

Sad how some are in drought and some are getting inudated.

Then again... It is a wild dream!

How big of "conduit" would you need? The to have it take an sharp right turn west... Surely other systems like the Arkansas and Red, and Missouri would complicate the the matter.

It is wild and bordering unimaginable... But, hey what the heck!

Don't get me wrong I like the idea... It is just surplus water that could be put to use where it is needed.

Sad how some are in drought and some are getting inudated.

Then again... It is a wild dream!

How big of "conduit" would you need? The to have it take an sharp right turn west... Surely other systems like the Arkansas and Red, and Missouri would complicate the the matter.

It is wild and bordering unimaginable... But, hey what the heck!

Bringing water to California from the Colorado was a bold idea, but they did it. Somehow they get the water to rise 4500 feet from the floor of the Arizona desert over the mountains into San Diego ! But they did it !

It can be done, just takes some vision and governmental will power to do it ! Both in short supply right now. Probably wont happen for awhile.

Bringing water to California from the Colorado was a bold idea, but they did it. Somehow they get the water to rise 4500 feet from the floor of the Arizona desert over the mountains into San Diego ! But they did it !

It can be done, just takes some vision and governmental will power to do it ! Both in short supply right now. Probably wont happen for awhile.

I understand. In a controlled sense it is very attainable. Yet, you get a flood event on the Upper MI and it is a little like harnessing lightening for the power.

First and foremost the system of levees will have to hold and be able to manage things. I have a view of that whole massive watershed charted in my head... And man, it can be like spilling grape juice on a pool table then trying to harness it, capture it and then fill another glass... Easier said than done.

It would be the most amazing engineering feat ever seen, if it could be done! Then think of the massive coordination between all parties and interests... Environment, navigation, etc... etc...