Would appreciate some help buying throwback jersey

your prob right...but i guarantee you woudlnt know it if you saw the one i got!...so for the price whether its fake or not i dunno and i wont complain!...neither me nor anybody i know has noticed anythign shady at all about it....so all in all i guess its hit or miss

Absolutely. If you like it, that is all that matters.

Order a James Hardy one. He wears #81 currently and the Bills still use the throwback jersey. Then get the name changed to suit your needs.

If you're gonna do that get a Peerless Price one out of a bargain bin somewhere. $10 probably.

99% of the jerseys sold on ebay are fakes. fake tags included.

The thing is that most people who get a fake don't know its a fake so they leave the seller all sorts of comments like "this really IS an authentic jersey" or "not a fake". Once you see an honest authentic its easy to tell what's a fake, but most people haven't done that and consequently they don't know that their jersey is fake.

I have an authentic and I have an e-Bay "authentic". The real authentic is heavy - very heavy - all the parts of it are heavy duty. The e-Bay "authentic" I knew was fake before I opened it - the package didn't weigh enough when it arrived. I like the e-Bay "authentic" - it looks nice and has sewn on letters like I wanted, but in the end I got what I paid for - a $50 jersey and not a $300 authentic.

I was surprized to learn recently that my order for a throwback jersey featuring my favorite player was denied at the teams official store. I was told that because a former player with that name wore that number, they aren't allowed to make/reproduce it for sale. I said 'C'mon! This franchise has been around for 49 years. Almost countless players have played for the team wearing virtually every number! If this silly rule were followed diligently, you'd be out of the customized jersey business!" "I'm sorry sir, that's the rules we must follow." "Fine, I'll just take the jersey with the number and no name." -as I have read here about places fans can go to get new names put on old jerseys from past players. "No sir, we can't do that either." was the reply. They refunded my purchase.

OK, probably she/they wouldn't do that because it was obvious of my intention with the nameless numbered jersey. Undaunted, I want the jersey. Are there other 'official' websites that will honor such a request? If it takes top dollar -which I suspect is behind this- then I'm willing to pay in the $300.00 range. If not, can someone with the skills here resurrect a thread about places that do a good job of altering altered jerseys?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Guess the jersey :blink:

All this because you can't get a friggin' Marino jersey?

;)

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to get a Dubenion 44 throwback jersey and couldn't for the same reason. It stinks.

It likely will at NFL.com.

I received my jersey yesterday. :rolleyes: No issues at all. Yes, it's a replica but the lettering is trimed in red and the base color matches my other throwbacks. I'll wear it for special events -like meeting some of youz guyz at a tailgate!

Buy yerz today, Dubey!

That's odd. I ordered and received my Chandler #81 Throwback jersey last year from BB.com. No questions asked.

Edit: Unless we're only talking about authentic jerseys here. I'm a little confused.

I got my dad the same thing last year from BB.com. No problems for me either.

It likely will at NFL.com.

I received my jersey yesterday. :rolleyes: No issues at all. Yes, it's a replica but the lettering is trimed in red and the base color matches my other throwbacks. I'll wear it for special events -like meeting some of youz guyz at a tailgate!

Buy yerz today, Dubey!

In other words, the rule applies only to the authentics? Good to know.