Anyone go see Dave matthews band Last night?

Falstaff...you talkin about the Tweeter (now Susquehanna Bank) Center in Camden? The last lawn seats I ever got there were about 3-4 years ago for a Blink-182/No Doubt show. What topped off the experience was that, in a moment of genius, somebody running that venue decided that they would no longer be renting those $5 chairs. Fair enough...I've seen people abuse that privilege. But then they couple that with this amazing rule: NO BLANKETS!! :thumbsup::wallbash: :wallbash: So basically you were forced to sit on the GRASS unless you had some sort of bag to use as a seat. Of course it starts drizzling a little making it all the ever more pleasant.

They quickly did away with that policy, but I've been lawn free since then unless I'm with a big group. Actually went and saw Pearl Jam last friday. Great show. And always a pleasure to stroll through Camden at midnight on the way back to my car. They've done such wonderful things with that area. :wallbash:

I heard Darrien Lake did away with allowing Blankets too, depending on the size of the crowd, any show over 10 or 15,000 and its no blankets

Yep, that's the venue. Never again. As for the walk through Camden I guess it depends where you park. I worked in Camden for 4 years and the area right around the Tweeter is heavily policed, but if you go past the coffee warehouse you're on your own. And so long as you stay on the main rods out you're fine. Everytime I've been down there the cops block the roads to PREVENT you from trying to take a shortcut through the 'Hood. I personally observed police in ski masks and MP5s break in a door about 4 blocks from there. Part of my job was to ride a van picking up kids for the program I worked at, the kid lived one block up and this unfolded right in front of us at 8:30am. Good times.

Also, fixed your post a bit.

:thumbsup: Good fix.

My Camden comments were definitely tongue in cheek. The amount of police present when those concerts let out is quite okay with me. I just find the whole scene to be funny. Several thousand white people (mostly aged 15-30) dressed mainly in t-shirts and sandals walking cheerfully through one of the worst cities on the east coast at midnight. I've never felt for my safety because of how there are basically enough cops to hold everyone's hand on the way to their cars, but the thought of where I am and when still makes me laugh every time I leave a concert there.

I've never felt for my safety because of how there are basically enough cops to hold everyone's hand on the way to their cars, but the thought of where I am and when still makes me laugh every time I leave a concert there.

Agreed. It's like they are there to shepherd the nice white folks out to the expressway. It is kind of funny.

DMB live song formula:

1. Dave starts out by noodling some little riff on the acoustic.

2. Band joins in for a while.

3. Violin guy plays some squeaky stuff no one can hear.

4. Everyone plays as loud as they can, causing everything to wash out completely.

5. Concert ending for every song.

6. Repeat.