Haynesworth

ax4782

If Haynesworth and his agent can't reach a deal with the Titans, he will be a RFA or will be demanding a trade. I think he is an RFA, though I can't say for sure. If they don't get a deal in place, I think the Bills should tender him an offer and get that other piece of the D-Line. After all, he is better than anyone that Buffalo could find in the Draft next season and a combination of Stroud and Haynesworth in the middle of the D would be punishing. Plus, that would get all the people on the board who have been whining that we "haven't spent any money on the lines" to quit their complaining.

If Haynesworth and his agent can't reach a deal with the Titans, he will be a RFA or will be demanding a trade. I think he is an RFA, though I can't say for sure. If they don't get a deal in place, I think the Bills should tender him an offer and get that other piece of the D-Line. After all, he is better than anyone that Buffalo could find in the Draft next season and a combination of Stroud and Haynesworth in the middle of the D would be punishing. Plus, that would get all the people on the board who have been whining that we "haven't spent any money on the lines" to quit their complaining.

Haynesworth is a nutjob....he don't have both oars in the water

He's franchised. Which means he will either sit out until the Titans offer him a contract, or sign the tender and play out the one-year deal. But if any team makes him an offer, Titans can match and if they choose not to, they get the other team's next two first-rounders in the draft.

Money is hardly the issue. It's money to the wrong people. Kelsay thus having to extend Schobel, a few years too early. Even though Schobel is a good player. He had time left on his contract. Overpaying a below average player like Kelsay, was the issue. Letting Pat Williams walk. Signing Larry Tripplett. Not really actively adressing defensive tackle, until this year. Although we still need another major upgrade at dt. Stroud is only here for 3 years, and if he get's injured? Oh boy, that would be attrocious. Otherwise yeah bring in Haynesworth, him and Stroud can be a nasty dt combo.

Money is hardly the issue. It's money to the wrong people. Kelsay thus having to extend Schobel, a few years too early. Even though Schobel is a good player. He had time left on his contract. Overpaying a below average player like Kelsay, was the issue. Letting Pat Williams walk. Signing Larry Tripplett. Not really actively adressing defensive tackle, until this year. Although we still need another major upgrade at dt. Stroud is only here for 3 years, and if he get's injured? Oh boy, that would be attrocious. Otherwise yeah bring in Haynesworth, him and Stroud can be a nasty dt combo.

I agree that letting Pat Williams walk was a mistake. The team should have signed him to a long term deal. I do, however, disagree with a couple of your other points. I don't think that they paid Schobel too early. For a guy who had performed as well as he had the two seasons prior to his restructuring, he was grossly underpaid, and while he didn't do much last season, that was more a product of nearly three quarters of the D being backups and PS players. He got the contract he desereved and I have a strong feeling that he is goingt to show that here.

As to Kelsay, he is an average DE, but I think putting the people we have around him, he can do an adequate job. His salary really isn't that high for a #2 or 3 DE on an NFL team. Buffalo doesn't have much behind him right now, though Denney is serviceable and I think that Chris Ellis has the potential to be a very good DE. He is fast, strong and extremely athletic. Still, I would love to add Haynesworth if we could, although I don't know that he would be worth two first round draft picks. Triplett was not nearly as good as advertised and we found out that Dwight Freeney really was the one who made Triplett better, not the other way around. Sometimes we make mistakes on players, but I think that Buffalo has made some good moves. I also think that Stroud has more than three years in him. After all Pat Williams is still playing and he is, I think, in his mid thirties. Stroud is only thirty. He has five, maybe six good seasons left if he can avoid any serious injury. Only time will tell, but i thinik that the D is going to be much better this year.

Chances are, Haynesworth will do whats become commonplace in the NFL. He'll threaten to sit out, and he and the titans will reach an agreement whereby he signs the franchise tender and the titans agree NOT to franchise him again next offseason.

Chances are, Haynesworth will do whats become commonplace in the NFL. He'll threaten to sit out, and he and the titans will reach an agreement whereby he signs the franchise tender and the titans agree NOT to franchise him again next offseason.

Is Levy the Titans GM?

The Bills are going to look like Rhodes scholars after completing the 3 team deal that gives us Haynesworth from Tennessee and Umenyora from the Giants for JP Losman, Marshawn Lynch, James Hardy, and Anthony Hargrove.

Now, what will they do w/ the 4 first round picks they'll also get in this blockbuster deal? Hmm...

The Bills are going to look like Rhodes scholars after completing the 3 team deal that gives us Haynesworth from Tennessee and Umenyora from the Giants for JP Losman, Marshawn Lynch, James Hardy, and Anthony Hargrove.

Now, what will they do w/ the 4 first round picks they'll also get in this blockbuster deal? Hmm...

Trade em for Peyton Manning.

Is Levy the Titans GM?

I dunno. Was levy the GM of the bears, who did this exact thing with briggs, or was he the GM of the pats* who did this exact thing with Samuel? Or perhaps levy was the GM of the Seahawks when they did this with Shaun Alexander.

I dunno. Was levy the GM of the bears, who did this exact thing with briggs, or was he the GM of the pats* who did this exact thing with Samuel? Or perhaps levy was the GM of the Seahawks when they did this with Shaun Alexander.

Sshhh...He's busy ranting. Draft linemen in the first round and the Bills are the only team who franchise a player with the promise of not doing it again.

One can dream, can't he?