Biblical Cities in Iraq

CosmicBills

I've been researching a bunch on Iraq lately, in particular biblical cities (and which present day cities are built on top of them) or other biblical events that have occurred in modern day Iraq.

Any bible scholars out there know any cool cities or events? Just want to make sure I got my bases covered since I am not a biblical scholar.

I've been researching a bunch on Iraq lately, in particular biblical cities (and which present day cities are built on top of them) or other biblical events that have occurred in modern day Iraq.

Any bible scholars out there know any cool cities or events? Just want to make sure I got my bases covered since I am not a biblical scholar.

o great, cloverfield 2 is going to take place in Iraq

Shhh!!!!

:blink:

No, I promise that is not the case! I swear!

I figured out where you guys get your ideas from: comments on fan pages about movies.

See the comments on this page:

WOOOOOOO I JUST GOT THE GREATEST IDEA FOR A CLOVERFIELD SEQUEL!!! IN THE END MAYBE THEY DONT KILL THE MONSTER. MAYBE THEY JUST KNOCK IT OUT, THEN THEY CAPTURE IT, AND USE IT AS A WEAPON AND THEN SEND IT OVER TO IRAQ!!! WOULDNT THAT BE GREAT!? just think about it

Don't know this as fact but one of the Chaplains in Iraq when I were there told us that our base was in the area that was believed to be the ancient Biblical city of Babylon. It was also pretty cool to see the Euphraytes (sp) river when I was there remembering so many times in Church hearing stories of things that happened on that river. :devil:

Don't know this as fact but one of the Chaplains in Iraq when I were there told us that our base was in the area that was believed to be the ancient Biblical city of Babylon. It was also pretty cool to see the Euphraytes (sp) river when I was there remembering so many times in Church hearing stories of things that happened on that river. :devil:

That is really cool!

"And the Lord said...let there be cool events." That's from the unexpurgated Book of Genesis. :devil: