[please fix subject]

*crickets* :blink:

How does she expect to get an answer from people if they have her on ignore?

As for the point of this thread. Buffalo is deep in mediocre/potential/unproven RB's right now, and didn't Chicago just re-sign Grossman or Orton? For some reason they are sold on Grossman for now. Besides Lynch at RB, Buffalo has Jackson, who was good, but is still unproven and will be the #2 or #1B at best RB this year. Behind him they have a 2nd year player in Wright who barely saw the field (apparently due to him not being able to grasp the simple offence) even when Lynch and A-Train were hurt, this years draft pick in Omen who hasn't taken any snaps in a Pro game yet, and some other guy I have not heard of. Thats very slim pickings for a team that just released its starter and may be looking for someone to come in. The only one that may be appealing to them is jackson, but I doubt Buffalo would give him up, unless Wright suddenly has grasped the Pro Game, or Omen is a huge surprise Stand-out in TC

What would you think about trading either JP, or one of our back up rbs since we are newly deep at this position to chicago for some draft pick next year, they are desperate for a qb, and rb after the release of benson, and the constant lack of consitency out of their qb's. While JP hasn't been consistant he may be better than what they have.

I would not think much of this deal at all because while draft picks are good things to have picks next year provide zero value to the team this year.

The future is now.

Particularly since we have had such a long drought without reaching the playoffs, while I see there is no reasonable way to expect an SB win this year (note here that we fans have expectation of reasonableness) the Bills need to focus like a laser beam on making this team good right here and right now.

While the cliche that not planning for the future will often condemn a team to always being mediocre is true, also true is the cliche that by constantly planning for the future you never take full advantage of today is true also.

Many of us fans have become psychotically addicted to the value of draft choices because of the crazy successful promotion of the draft Kiper, ESPN, and the NFL have done. The advent of fantasy leagues have also done a lot to stoke the interest in draft choices. However, we have taken the truism that the draft is a wonderful and actually necessary part of building a winner and turned it into a false idol where it is seen by some falsely as the ONLY way to build a winner.

It is an important way but not the only way to build a team. A good team used UDFAs, FAs, trades, and focuses on internal development of players acquired in whatever method as essential building blocks for a winner.

Given the uncertainties inherent in having a well-regarded but still young second year player at QB, and the legal uncertainties surrounding Lynch, getting mere draft choices next year in a trade sounds like pretty thin gruel to me.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.