[please fix subject]

What would you think about trading either JP, or one of our back up rbs since we are newly deep at this position to chicago for some draft pick next year, they are desperate for a qb, and rb after the release of benson, and the constant lack of consitency out of their qb's. While JP hasn't been consistant he may be better than what they have.

What would you think about trading either JP, or one of our back up rbs since we are newly deep at this position to chicago for some draft pick next year, they are desperate for a qb, and rb after the release of benson, and the constant lack of consitency out of their qb's. While JP hasn't been consistant he may be better than what they have.

This has come up a few times here and probably wouldn't work for two reasons:

• The Bears would probably be unwilling to replace one strong armed inconsistent QB (Rex Grosman) for another.
  • The Bills should not trade JP. He is still a good locker room guy and a great insurance policy in the event that Edwards is injured.

This has come up a few times here and probably wouldn't work for two reasons:

• The Bears would probably be unwilling to replace one strong armed inconsistent QB (Rex Grosman) for another.
  • The Bills should not trade JP. He is still a good locker room guy and a great insurance policy in the event that Edwards is injured.

Yep. JP's inexpensive as QBs go. And though his merits and demerits have been discussed ad nauseum, I believe there's some level of nail-biting among Bills' fans that he goes to another club and somehow breaks out with a 35 td season.

Not likely, I suppose - but who doesn't remember Lamonica? :rolleyes:

Well i thought maybe the RB thing may work now, maybe a packaged deal since they have recently released benson, and are shopping for a RB in FA. JP i think will be less of a locker room guy with one year left on his contract, and a desire to go somewhere else with a chance to start.

Between Lynch's tough running style, which would seem to guarantee he'll miss some time every year, and any possible suspension from the Chippewa thing, Fred Jackson may be called on to start a game or three again this season. The other RBs on the roster: Dwayne Wright, Xavier Omon, and Bruce Hall. Considering that Chicago spent a second-round pick on Tulane's Matt Forte and still has the other Adrian Peterson (who should be all right by training camp), I can't see them wanting any of the names on that list badly enough to trade for them.

Between Lynch's tough running style, which would seem to guarantee he'll miss some time every year, and any possible suspension from the Chippewa thing, Fred Jackson may be called on to start a game or three again this season. The other RBs on the roster: Dwayne Wright, Xavier Omon, and Bruce Hall. Considering that Chicago spent a second-round pick on Tulane's Matt Forte and still has the other Adrian Peterson (who should be all right by training camp), I can't see them wanting any of the names on that list badly enough to trade for them.

What if we re-signed Williams?

What if we re-signed Williams?

The list would then read Dwayne Wright, Xavier Omon, Shaud Williams, and Bruce Hall ... and I still can't see Chicago wanting any of them.

On t'other hand, this IS Jerry Angelo we're talking about ...

Yeah, but Losman has a stronger arm, and is more inconsistent than Grossman!

Plus he will be more distracted in Chicago. A much bigger city will require much more cleanup.

Maybe we should trade Trent instead because his gloves work well in windy conditions and Chicago has more fashion cred than Buffalo.

The reality of the situation is this:

Chicago is not panicking for RB's after letting Benson go, they already were planning for his eventual exit by drafting Matt Forte in the second round this year. In the draft the year before they took Garrett Wolfe in the third round and they also have journeyman backup Adrian Peterson.

Also, as someone who has watched alot of Rex Grossman in Chicago, I can tell you unequivically that they already have their own version of J.P.

..... they also have journeyman backup Adrian Peterson.

Journeyman? :blink:

YEAR	TM	 G		
2002	CHI	8	
2003	CHI	6	
2004	CHI	14	
2005	CHI	16	
2006	CHI	16		
2007	CHI	16	
TOT			76

Wait. I just realized something. Journeyman doesn't mean what I thought it meant! I assumed a journeyman would be someone who had played for several teams.

Something new every day. My bad.

The reality of the situation is this:

Chicago is not panicking for RB's after letting Benson go, they already were planning for his eventual exit by drafting Matt Forte in the second round this year. In the draft the year before they took Garrett Wolfe in the third round and they also have journeyman backup Adrian Peterson.

Also, as someone who has watched alot of Rex Grossman in Chicago, I can tell you unequivically that they already have their own version of J.P.

Out of curiosity, how many people have me on ignore? Just wondering ... :blink: