WOW, Route 20 might be renamed....

I could be mistaken, but I think I read that NYS didn't come through with the funding in time to start construction and complete the project in time for this season. Something about Gov. Paterson and a $5 billion deficit, or some such nonsense! :rolleyes:

That was true for 2007; they didn't think they had time to get everything done, so they said they were holding off until this spring.

The Bills are no-longer gung-ho about the project? Or just not gung-ho about paying for it themselves? The corner clubs don't sell and there's demand for more sideline club seats, so I thought the Bills wanted this to happen.

From what I was told in April (not by the team, FWIW): When they did the math, the cost of relocating the pressbox (with all the electronic/wifi access work needed), plus losing that tier of the M&T Bank Club, was enough that they'd barely break even on the new premium seats. And yeah, I don't think they're keen on putting any of their own money into the stadium right now. Can't confirm any of it yet -- I haven't been in the stadium since the season ended -- but I trust this source.

Of course, the beat guys were never told about the plan to begin with; word has it that they only found out about the proposed move when it showed up in a City/Region story in the BN.

How nice would it be for Jim Kelly to hold a press conference with the Bills announcing that he is "stepping down" from being the namesake of the Jim Kelly Club, and that he would like it to be the Tim Russert Club going forward?

Nice idea, but that would require Jim Kelly to have a normal sized head - something he hasn't had for quite some time.

Nice idea, but that would require Jim Kelly to have a normal sized head - something he hasn't had for quite some time.

There's a stretch of road here in Cincinnati that runs east-west past the ballpark, that's officially named named "Pete Rose Way".

However, there's a goodly bunch of locals who refer to it as the "Cooperstown Bypass". :devil:

That would be wonderful and a fitting tribute to the man who would end his broadcasts "Go Bills". He was a part of my Sunday mornings for the past 16 years and I do not think Sunday mornings, espcailly during football season will ever be the same. G-d bless Tim and may the lord bless his family during this time of sorrow.

• 1 month later...