WOW, Route 20 might be renamed....

Don't know if this was posted yet, but they just mentioned it on the NBC TOday show with mayor Myron Brown morning.

Legislation will be started soon and Chuck Schumer, Brian Higgins, and Mayor Brown are all behind it.

That'd be cool. So when I pull into Drive 1, I'll be pulling off Tim Russert Way. I like it

Considering we don't need, nor can we afford, a new stadium right now, I think naming a new stadium after him would be kinda late...since it could be another 10-20 years before that happens

I can one up that one:

Tim Russert Stadium

No disrespect to intended to Ralph but how cool would it be if he said "we're renaming the stadium this year".

I would rather see the next stadium named after him!

The problem there is that as soon as the team is sold the new owner will probably sell naming rights and there goes the name homage.

Don't know if this was posted yet, but they just mentioned it on the NBC TOday show with mayor Myron Brown morning.

Legislation will be started soon and Chuck Schumer, Brian Higgins, and Mayor Brown are all behind it.

Myron, Byron, what's wrong with renaming the street he was raised on in South Buffalo?

Myron, Byron, what's wrong with renaming the street he was raised on in South Buffalo?

WGRZ just showed a soundbite from Chuck Schumer, talking about how appropriate it would be to honor him on a stretch of road "that just about every Buffalonian travels." Okay, just a little hyperbole there, but they're obviously going for a higher profile than what they'd get from some side street in South Buffalo. And I can't find any problem with that. I dunno, maybe I'd feel differently if I was a native.

I assume they'll do it the same way they did for Jim Kelly Blvd., just put up a few extra signs on Southwestern between California and Abbott. (Your "legal" address is still Abbott Rd., correct?)

They're introducing the legislation tomorrow.

Myron, Byron, Moron, whatever - actually, renaming streets is Brown's unique gift - in his entirely undistinguished NYS Senate career, his legislative record consists of 3 Bills, all to rename streets. (I believe 2 of them were passed, the 3rd failed in the legislature.)

That would be great news for a great man and someone I will always admirer. Is anyone else still bumed out about this? It's to sad.

Here's my idea....

Jim Kelly is up to something. I don't know if it is a Senate run if Hillary turned out to be the President, or looking to take a Board of Directors job or two...but I've seen him in a suit more times the past 8 months than I did all of 1983-2007.

How nice would it be for Jim Kelly to hold a press conference with the Bills announcing that he is "stepping down" from being the namesake of the Jim Kelly Club, and that he would like it to be the Tim Russert Club going forward?

Russert gets a lasting tribute where people might see some pictures of him in his Bills jerseys or with the players, it goes along with the theme of Van Miller and Paul Maguire, and Jim Kelly takes himself to even more of local legend status by making a class move like this while giving Russert a more fitting tribute than just a street sign.

It's a win, win, win.

Here's my idea....

Jim Kelly is up to something. I don't know if it is a Senate run if Hillary turned out to be the President, or looking to take a Board of Directors job or two...but I've seen him in a suit more times the past 8 months than I did all of 1983-2007.

How nice would it be for Jim Kelly to hold a press conference with the Bills announcing that he is "stepping down" from being the namesake of the Jim Kelly Club, and that he would like it to be the Tim Russert Club going forward?

Russert gets a lasting tribute where people might see some pictures of him in his Bills jerseys or with the players, it goes along with the theme of Van Miller and Paul Maguire, and Jim Kelly takes himself to even more of local legend status by making a class move like this while giving Russert a more fitting tribute than just a street sign.

It's a win, win, win.

I doubt that Jim Kelly's name will be coming off the club, but the Bills do have plans to move the current press box to one of the the corner club locations, where the indoor seats don't sell as well, and turn the current press box area into another sideline club.

How appropriate it would be to name the former press box after BuffTown's most accomplished journalist and most visible unabashed Bills backer! :rolleyes:

I doubt that Jim Kelly's name will be coming off the club, but the Bills do have plans to move the current press box to one of the the corner club locations, where the indoor seats don't sell as well, and turn the current press box area into another sideline club.

How appropriate it would be to name the former press box after BuffTown's most accomplished journalist and most visible unabashed Bills backer! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info...that makes sense to send the reporters to the corner. If hockey can broadcast from the roof of an arena, the media at a football game can have their sightlines at 45 degrees.

Those plans are on indefinite hold, or so I've been told. Could talk to M&T or one of the other corporate sponsors about adding his name to one of the end zone boxes, though.

Those plans are on indefinite hold, or so I've been told. Could talk to M&T or one of the other corporate sponsors about adding his name to one of the end zone boxes, though.

I could be mistaken, but I think I read that NYS didn't come through with the funding in time to start construction and complete the project in time for this season. Something about Gov. Paterson and a $5 billion deficit, or some such nonsense! :rolleyes:

The Bills are no-longer gung-ho about the project? Or just not gung-ho about paying for it themselves? The corner clubs don't sell and there's demand for more sideline club seats, so I thought the Bills wanted this to happen.