We will have the chance to save this season

Mikie2times

Over the last few years it seems like every time this team begins to turn the corner they fail. It has been a agonizing stretch for us fans, whenever the excitement gets restored it inevitably gets riped away a short time later. After 7 consecutive losses today really felt fantastic and with the coming schedule it has left me with some cautious optimism.

I wanted the playoffs this year but after the 0-4 start I realize those expectations are no longer realistic. My new goal is to remain competitive and at least mathematically alive for the wild card down the stretch. I don't think this is a unreasonable expectation for the fans, nor a unreasonable goal for this team. We have 2 very winnable games coming up starting with the Jamal Lewis-less Ravens next week. Then we come back home for a two game stretch against the Cardinals and Jets.

Despite the 4 game melt down we had to start the season we can turn this around. The opportunity is sitting right in front of this teams face just as it has so many times over the last couple seasons. In the past we failed in these situations, if MM and crew want to prove that this team is different then now is the time to do so.

I think of the season as being divided into quarters - just like the game.

0-4 isn't just a slow start, it's a big fat c-ya to the playoffs.

They'll win some games, but not enough to get into the end of year party.

Mularkey definitely got off the hot seat by giving the old man the only birthday present he wanted - a win over miamee.