RIP Tim Russert

/dev/null

i dont normally participate in RIP threads, but this one is pretty sad...Russert was one of the good guys..was able to seemingly maintain an independent stance and was respected by both sides of the political aisles(in respect to his profession). Being a favorite son of Buffalo also makes this very sad :thumbsup:

This was already posted on PPP due to Russ being a political journalist. But he's also got Buffalo ties and was a huge Bills fan

:lol:

<_<

When NBC broke into the US Open with breaking news and I saw Tom Brokaw sitting there I knew it wasn't anything good. This is a total shock to me. I never met the man but I feel as if I have lost a friend. I can remember 4 years ago this week when my wife and son gave me his book Big Russ and Me for father's day. We were heading to Fla for a week and I sat on the beach and read it from cover to cover in under 2 days. I can remember laughing out loud at some of his memories. If you are a father (or a son for that matter) I highly recommend reading the book. It brought back so many fond memories of growing up in Buffalo for me, and what ties Buffalonians together.

God Bless you Tim may you rest in peace.

Here's to you Tim...an ice cold Genny Pounder! :cry:

:cry: