RIP Tim Russert

It's almost been a week now and I'm still having a hard time getting past Tim Russert's untimely death. The more that I hear and read about him it becomes even more crystal clear just how missed he'll be. He was/is "Our Voice" not only for Western New Yorkers but also for the American people concerning the politics of this country. The guy was a razor. It's not surprising that he's from Buffalo. His passion and enthusiasm is the first and foremost impression that you notice about him.

Here's another of many tributes to Tim but pay attention at around the halfway mark where he puts Hillary Clinton on the money. In his words, "Let's go get 'em!".

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Friday night the Durham Bulls have fireworks after the game. I was at the game tonight - before the fireworks started they dedicated them to Tim Russert - and played Bruce Springsteen during the show in his honor :lol:

Tommy B will be taking over "Meet The Press" till the election...

Brokaw to lead 'Meet the Press'

By MIKE ALLEN | 6/22/08 10:14 AM EST

Tom Brokaw will replace Tim Russert as moderator of NBC’s “Meet the Press” through the November presidential election, the network announced today.

Brokaw, 68, filled in for the first post-Russert week. “NBC Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams was the host today, and revealed Russert's interim successor during the broadcast.

NBC News President Steve Capus said: "A lot has been said in recent days about what 'Meet the Press' means to NBC News and to the nation. To have someone of Tom's stature step up and dedicate himself to ensuring its ongoing success is not only a testament to his loyalty to Tim, but his enduring commitment to NBC News and our viewers."

Tommy B will be taking over "Meet The Press" till the election...

Brokaw to lead 'Meet the Press'

By MIKE ALLEN | 6/22/08 10:14 AM EST

Tom Brokaw will replace Tim Russert as moderator of NBC’s “Meet the Press” through the November presidential election, the network announced today.

Brokaw, 68, filled in for the first post-Russert week. “NBC Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams was the host today, and revealed Russert's interim successor during the broadcast.

NBC News President Steve Capus said: "A lot has been said in recent days about what 'Meet the Press' means to NBC News and to the nation. To have someone of Tom's stature step up and dedicate himself to ensuring its ongoing success is not only a testament to his loyalty to Tim, but his enduring commitment to NBC News and our viewers."

Good. This article talked about how Chris Matthews and Olbermann were both jockeying for the position before Tim was laid to rest, so I'm glad neither got it.

Tools. :blink:

Good. This article talked about how Chris Matthews and Olbermann were both jockeying for the position before Tim was laid to rest, so I'm glad neither got it.

Tools. :D

To put it in football terms, Matthews and Olbertard are the Marangi and Hobart to Russert's Kelly. Not to mention the last two people on the planet I would want to see in that role.

Brokaw seems like the only good choice right now. I really don't know who they are going to get that can even approach Russert's level.

To put it in football terms, Matthews and Olbertard are the Marangi and Hobart to Russert's Kelly. Not to mention the last two people on the planet I would want to see in that role.

Brokaw seems like the only good choice right now. I really don't know who they are going to get that can even approach Russert's level.

Agreed on all counts. Mathews and Olbert are indeed leftwing activist hacks, and Brokaw is servicable in the interim, but he's too old for this grind and not really much of an interviewer. I think the best choice would be Chris Wallace if they could pry him away from FOX. If not, probably an ex-politico with press credentials like Ari Fleischer.

Tools. :D

:lol: Olberman. :ph34r: Meet The Press. :worthy: Someone let him know that when "Meet The Nutjob" airs, he's first in line to host it.

Used toilet paper has more utility than anthing posted by Arianna Huffington...

Not defending Huffington, but her column was just repeating what the NY Post's Page Six was reporting.

I got the link elsewhere, read the story and didn't post it right away, so when I wanted to add it to the thread I had to go back and Google it, and Huffington's was the first search result.