RIP Tim Russert

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrifying news.

He's the only newscaster I would watch on NBC, and there is no one who can replace him.

I'll never forget his love for the Bills. I remember watching him on an NFL Films segment talking about the bet he made with Al Gore when the Bills played the Titans in the playoffs.

Truly one of the good ones...his enthusiasm was infectious. No greater spokesman for Buffalo on a national stage. I can't imagine what Big Russ is going through right now.

Very sad day... :thumbsup:

It's funny how everyone says his love of the Buffalo Bills. Sure he loved the Bills but I think someone mentioned earlier that what he really loved was his hometown. That's the thing, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take Buffalo out of the boy. I make fun of the area all the time, but is still has a special place in my heart. RIP to our biggest national cheerleader.

Yep, he was my favorite. RIP Tim. He and I had similar upbringings and I really identified with Tim. Damn...very sad day for me.

I am in shock. True shock. This f&%king sucks!

EDIT: Check out picture 7, during the 04 elections, Tim Russert walked over to McFaddens to watch the Bills game. Of course, it was Halloween...the pic is NYCBBB founder Matt Kabel, with Tim Russert who just walked off the set. Not Kabel in the grass skirt. Russert wasn't drinking because he had to go back on air, but he was a gracious guest and spoke to everyone (during the commercials) See pics 38 and 40 where Russ was gettin' his groove on....

Damn...I miss those good times...

http://www.nycbbb.com/pics/cards04.shtml

It's funny how everyone says his love of the Buffalo Bills. Sure he loved the Bills but I think someone mentioned earlier that what he really loved was his hometown. That's the thing, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take Buffalo out of the boy. I make fun of the area all the time, but is still has a special place in my heart. RIP to our biggest national cheerleader.

I agree. My family moved from Buffalo when I was in 5th grade and I still feel like Buffalo is my home.

I am very saddened by Tim's passing. He was a good man and Buffalo's biggest fan, and he was an American treasure.

RIP Tim. There was nothing phony about him. What you saw is what you got. He was extremely smart and well educated, but spoke to the common man. Great guy and a staunch supporter of the Bills.

He once told Norwood when he met him, "not a day goes by that I don't think of you."

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

A giant of broadcast journalism ... and one of the best friends Buffalo ever had. I could never confirm it, but someone once told me that back in the early days of the intarwebs, he craved the Bills/Buffalo connection so much that TBD was the home page on his Web browser.

Tim Russert: Sharing Buffalo with America - Part I

Tim Russert: Sharing Buffalo with America - Part II

Maureen, Luke, and Big Russ, our hearts, thoughts, and prayers are with you.

(tater, thanks - I've been looking for that online. Thanks to you too, Jack.)