7 people arrested for cheering their family members...

Ok, so the school does not want people cheering and thereby creating a "distraction" which causes the audience to miss some names being called. So to eliminate any "distractions" they send police into the crowd and arrest people? Seems like thats a bit bigger of a distraction.

People (and schools) are stupid.

Note the end of the article:

Orr, arrested Friday, said he sat in a jail cell for almost two hours until his sister could come pay $255 to bail him out. He will appear in court June 26.

Orr disagrees with the no-cheering policy.

"For some people, it might be the only member of their family to graduate high school," he said, "and it was like a funeral in there."

STFU. Just because your family can't figure out a way to get the kids through high school, that doesn't mean you have to provide a cheer squad for the ones that do make it.

It is disrespectful if the next person in line can't hear their name called because you wanted to act like a moron. What if they were the only ones from their family to graduate high school? <_<

I noticed an article about it the other day I think that said that they did not want cheering during the ceremony and were doing something about it, so I really don't feel sorry for the people that were arrested. It would be like telling someone not to touch something because its hot, and they go ahead and touch it and complain cause it burnt them.

Note the end of the article:

STFU. Just because your family can't figure out a way to get the kids through high school, that doesn't mean you have to provide a cheer squad for the ones that do make it.

It is disrespectful if the next person in line can't hear their name called because you wanted to act like a moron. What if they were the only ones from their family to graduate high school? :thumbsup:

I noticed an article about it the other day I think that said that they did not want cheering during the ceremony and were doing something about it, so I really don't feel sorry for the people that were arrested. It would be like telling someone not to touch something because its hot, and they go ahead and touch it and complain cause it burnt them.

Its all about common sense and moderation, something not too many people have these days. Quite simple really.

1. The people in the crowd should know better than to create a huge ruckus. Sure, its ok to cheer and yell, but cheer, shout their name, and then sit down so the next person can hear their name called.

2. The school/police need to show some moderation. Arresting people for cheering is a giant waste of time and resources. Do what every other place in the world does with rodwy people. Toss them out.

Plus, the police have better things to do, like subpoena-ing an entire company when one employee has a little run-in with the law.

Its all about common sense and moderation, something not too many people have these days. Quite simple really.

1. The people in the crowd should know better than to create a huge ruckus. Sure, its ok to cheer and yell, but cheer, shout their name, and then sit down so the next person can hear their name called.

2. The school/police need to show some moderation. Arresting people for cheering is a giant waste of time and resources. Do what every other place in the world does with rodwy people. Toss them out.

Plus, the police have better things to do, like subpoena-ing an entire company when one employee has a little run-in with the law.

Of course the school over reacted, but my point was, the people were warned that cheering would have consequences, they went ahead anyways, so they now suffer the consequences, even though they seem to be an over reaction

Although, do you have any evidence that police weren't needed? Or just the assumption based on your experiences with cheering parents in a crowd? You wouldn't want to jump to conclusions without having all the evidence before you

This was the first thing I thought too, but then I realized that might not work. Only throwing them out may not have much affect because at that point, they've already seen what they want to see. What do they care if they get thrown out?

Ok, so the school does not want people cheering and thereby creating a "distraction" which causes the audience to miss some names being called. So to eliminate any "distractions" they send police into the crowd and arrest people? Seems like thats a bit bigger of a distraction.

People (and schools) are stupid.

Is this a metaphor about something happening in the our country and the world right now?

:cry:<_<