Got promotion notice today

BillsWatch

One of the HR people called me today during a rare period when I was at my desk. This week my manager is out and his assistant so I am doing all of his meetings and assistant's meetings as well as handling scheduling during a 24/7 test period.

My manager has been pushing for a promotion for me and it was recommended by several people but first it was blocked in contracts and then it was blocked by someone else who was a ball-less eunich and refused to allow his/her name released or why. The promotion was supposed to have me continue same job but recognize that I was doing work far beyond my job rank level and job requirements.

Since I did not get the promotion I have been looking outside as well as applying for internal jobs. 5 of 6 I was not considered or job was pulled. I had informal interview for 6th job with the manager (we know each other and are part of same organization and project) and thought it went well. Two weeks later I called and to get news and he said he would get back with me by next Monday. Another two weeks and no response. Tuesday the big manager (my manager's and engineer manager's manager) asked if I would have time this week for he may need to interview me. I was getting back from yet another meeting and said sure, told him my schedule and was given another meeting I needed to go to. Today I get the call that the position I applied an interviewed for I got.

Talking with prime lead in our group I found out that group may not have funding but that may not prevent a promotion; my old boss may be able to pay me out of his funds and lend me to other group allowing my old boss ability to continue using me (oh fun - more meetings and 12 hour shifts), He was very happy about this for he was promoted to head of that organization and he has lots of plans for me. He and I work well together but I do not want him to step on my new boss's toes or he will regret signing me.

I will get more details soon but I get a small raise out of it in addition to the annual raise I just got a month ago.