Salmonella Outbreak in Tomatoes

Stl Bills

So Yesterday I woke up with one hell of a stomach ache that proceeded to get worse and worse as the day went on.........by about 2pm I was very light headed and dizzy at work and ended up going home a few hours early. By the time I went home my stomache was in some serious pain....I ended up going to bed about 3pm, got up at 6pm and barfed, got up at midnight and I felt almost completely normal. When I woke up this morning at 6 am I felt almost back to 100%. I kept trying to remember if I had eaten any Tomatoes on Weds. but I couldn't remember doing so untill today when it dawned on me about an hour ago that I had eaten a sandwich from Panera Bread that had Tomatoes on it. Only problem was, it also dawned on me that I had eaten the same damn sandwich today for lunch and now my fuggin stomache is starting to hurt again.............hopefully its just in my head and I'm not in for Round 2. Just stay away from those damn tomatoes. :devil:

So Yesterday I woke up with one hell of a stomach ache that proceeded to get worse and worse as the day went on.........by about 2pm I was very light headed and dizzy at work and ended up going home a few hours early. By the time I went home my stomache was in some serious pain....I ended up going to bed about 3pm, got up at 6pm and barfed, got up at midnight and I felt almost completely normal. When I woke up this morning at 6 am I felt almost back to 100%. I kept trying to remember if I had eaten any Tomatoes on Weds. but I couldn't remember doing so untill today when it dawned on me about an hour ago that I had eaten a sandwich from Panera Bread that had Tomatoes on it. Only problem was, it also dawned on me that I had eaten the same damn sandwich today for lunch and now my fuggin stomache is starting to hurt again.............hopefully its just in my head and I'm not in for Round 2. Just stay away from those damn tomatoes. :devil:

It was probably the meat. On the radio yesterday, they had a guy saying that since tomatoes are very perishable, the tomatoes with salmonella should be gone from the system.

The spinach episode out here in CA last year was traced to the wild boars in the hills nearby the farms. Either there was runoff into the field, or the boars came in the field at night to feed.

did you get the runs or puke at all?

if not it might be in your head, but i'm no doc.

Yeah I def. don't know for sure but I did throw up once, the pain in my gut was pretty intense all day and then just disapeared. I had the flu twice this year so I can't imagine that was the culprit. If my stomache is in pain tomorrow I'm blaming those damn Maters. :devil:

It was probably the meat. On the radio yesterday, they had a guy saying that since tomatoes are very perishable, the tomatoes with salmonella should be gone from the system.

Nahh....if you dump the tomatoes those Big Macs are perfectly healthy! :devil: