Are we winning the War in Iraq?

Well, let's see Afghanistan had more combat deaths than Iraq. May was what around 19 or so. June was 28. The other day had 40 dead and I believe around 150 injured in another suicide bombing. For while you never really heard of anything coming out of Afghanistan except the positive. So yeah, it seems like things are slipping just a bit to me.

Media I guess lies about the number of people dying right. Can't eat that information up.

No really what are the numbers? One month doesn't make a problem. But several months in a row points to a problem. Seriously what are the numbers? If Iraq is going down but Afghanistan is holding average then, no it's not slipping.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No really what are the numbers? One month doesn't make a problem. But several months in a row points to a problem. Seriously what are the numbers? If Iraq is going down but Afghanistan is holding average then, no it's not slipping.

Go to the AP they list all of the numbers for you.

The UN figures show that 698 civilians died as a result of violence in the first half of the year, compared with 430 in the first six months of 2007 – a rise of 62%. Militant fighters caused 422, or 60%, of the recorded civilian casualties, while government or foreign troops killed 255 people, the UN said. The causes of 21 other deaths were unclear.

Since things are going better in Iraq, the Libs are now switching their focus to Afghanistan.

WE'VE LOST THE WAR!! BRING OUR TROOPS HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN!!

Since things are going better in Iraq, the Libs are now switching their focus to Afghanistan.

WE'VE LOST THE WAR!! BRING OUR TROOPS HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN!!

First off they should bring them home in both countries.

And the republicans now are telling the Iraqi leaders, nope we don't like your ideas on a time table for us leaving your country. That screws us over.

As well you should be. Your idiometer is pegged at 10 right about now. How's the nightly barrage of negative news from Iraq been lately? Seems to me that violence in that sh!thole is way down.

Wow, pot calling the kettle black. "idiometer" that's just dumb.

Violence in Iraq us going down... great listen the leaders that want the US to set a timetable and bring our troops home.

Violence in Iraq us going down... great listen the leaders that want the US to set a timetable and bring our troops home.

Those are just the leaders pandering to the masses for votes. And the masses do not have clue one as to what's really going on over there. That includes you and me.

Those are just the leaders pandering to the masses for votes. And the masses do not have clue one as to what's really going on over there. That includes you and me.

So the leaders in Iraq want to take over their own security, etc. And we should tell them no? I don't agree with that.

So the leaders in Iraq want to take over their own security, etc. And we should tell them no? I don't agree with that.

I can think of no greater endorsement for Obama's strategic thinking than that he and Maliki are on the same page on how to stabilize Iraq.

I can think of no greater endorsement for Obama's strategic thinking than that he and Maliki are on the same page on how to stabilize Iraq.

Well according to most people here... Iraq is well on the way to be stabilized. So why not let Iraq take control, give the time line they want. I also believe this has to do more with the Bush administration telling them flat out no. Actions like that will only make more people in Iraq resent the U.S. We would then be that one person who doesn't know when to leave/go home after a get together.

Why?

What makes you think that the "leaders" in question haven't made arrangements with the "leaders" in this country?

You don't know. You can't possibly know. And therefore your opinion means exactly jack shait.