I have a new favorite city

I went to Ottawa this weekend with the wife and little ones and had an absolutely fantastic time. The Byword market was GREAT and the food was amazing. We spent a lot of time just walking around but did manage to take a tour of the Parliment building.

I would highly recommend it for a weekend excursion. It's only about three hours from Syracuse. Unfortunately most of the drive is not very interesting.

Beavertails ROCK!

I went to Ottawa this weekend with the wife and little ones and had an absolutely fantastic time.  The Byword market was GREAT and the food was amazing.  We spent a lot of time just walking around but did manage to take a tour of the Parliment building. 

I would highly recommend it for a weekend excursion.  It's only about three hours from Syracuse.  Unfortunately most of the drive is not very interesting.

Beavertails ROCK!

73700[/snapback]

Did you notice the Rideau canal, come winter when it freezes over you may skate for miles its really very special.

Ottawa is indeed a great place to visit. It's even better in winter.

But the best place to visit in Canada is Montreal. Go to Montreal in the summertime and spend your time in old Montreal. You'll see the most culture of any place in North Amwerica, great food, awesome, exotic looking women, and fantastic sites.

Did you notice the Rideau canal, come winter when it freezes over you may skate for miles its really very special.

73704[/snapback]

We stayed right next to the canal at the Westin. We saw a lot of pictures of people skating there in the winter but we noticed one commonality. They all looked like they were freezing to death :)

Ottawa is indeed a great place to visit.  It's even better in winter.

But the best place to visit in Canada is Montreal. Go to Montreal in the summertime and spend your time in old Montreal. You'll see the most culture of any place in North Amwerica, great food, awesome, exotic looking women, and fantastic sites.

73709[/snapback]

I've been to Montreal several times and it's OK. I've also been to the winter carnival in Quebec which was pretty freaking insane. I've never been that drunk for that long before, and all in public. :)

Toronto is nice as well, it's a lot like NYC only clean and it smells a lot better. :)

I like Ottawa because it has a very European feel. B)

We stayed right next to the canal at the Westin.  We saw a lot of pictures of people skating there in the winter but we noticed one commonality.  They all looked like they were freezing to death  :)

73714[/snapback]

oh yes you must dress warm, but really it is something the family would really enjoy, its just really beautiful.....