Pearl Jam Last Night

Peter

I saw PJ last night for the first time. They kicked off their mini tour in South Florida. It was a great show with a lot of energy. If you are a PJ fan, you should go if you have a chance.

This is the set list from last night:

SET LIST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE

2008-06-11 West Palm Beach Florida Cruzan Amphitheatre

Set 1 Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, Gods' Dice, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even Flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore 1 Inside Job, Better Man, Comatose, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2 It Rains On Me, No More, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

I was there! Great show. Only the 2nd time I've seen Pearl Jam, last time was 12 years ago.

Kings of Leon ripped it up also.

It is nice to see that there is another BB and PJ fan in South Florida.

Where were your seats?

We were sitting in the first row of Section 5. It was amazing to look back at the thousands of people on the grass in the back.

It is nice to see that there is another BB and PJ fan in South Florida.

Where were your seats?

We were sitting in the first row of Section 5. It was amazing to look back at the thousands of people on the grass in the back.

I was back on the lawn with the unwashed. I'm a man of the people, baby!

A few friends of mine were in Section 7, we were going to try to do the old "slide back the ticket stubs" for our crew, but the lawn was great...Not wet from the earlier rain, nice grass, nice sight lines to the stage, and a few big screens for viewing. Very comfortable, nice night, rocking show!

I was back on the lawn with the unwashed. I'm a man of the people, baby!

A few friends of mine were in Section 7, we were going to try to do the old "slide back the ticket stubs" for our crew, but the lawn was great...Not wet from the earlier rain, nice grass, nice sight lines to the stage, and a few big screens for viewing. Very comfortable, nice night, rocking show!

I was amazed at just how many people were on the lawn. It looked like everyone was having a great time back there.

I was lucky to get the tickets that I had. I became a member of the Ten Club a few years back. As a result, I had access to presale tickets. It worked out great.

PJ is great , have always been impressed with their concerts. the first one i saw was in 93 at exhibition stadium (gulp..can't believe how freaking old i am...)

did eddie get political at all?

PJ is great , have always been impressed with their concerts. the first one i saw was in 93 at exhibition stadium (gulp..can't believe how freaking old i am...)

did eddie get political at all?

Nah, not too much talking at all...This was the first night of the tour so I'm sure they were focusing on the tunes and the sound. They are playing in Tampa tonight, and then heading up to TN to headline the Bonnaroo Festival.

Eddie told the crowd they looked great, gave props to the openers Kings of Leon, pretty much stuck to the basics. He was in grunge mode, an old school flannel and jeans on with a trucker hat on a humid night in FL. He was also drinking pretty good...A few big bottles of something, couldn't tell if it was a big growler of beer or if he was chugging down wine...

Nah, not too much talking at all...This was the first night of the tour so I'm sure they were focusing on the tunes and the sound. They are playing in Tampa tonight, and then heading up to TN to headline the Bonnaroo Festival.

Eddie told the crowd they looked great, gave props to the openers Kings of Leon, pretty much stuck to the basics. He was in grunge mode, an old school flannel and jeans on with a trucker hat on a humid night in FL. He was also drinking pretty good...A few big bottles of something, couldn't tell if it was a big growler of beer or if he was chugging down wine...

Pretty sure Eddie is a wine drinker. I've seen PJ a few times and have tickets for their show at the Tweeter Center outside Boston on 6/30. I think PJ is great live, one of the few bands I will see in a large setting (Too many good shows at small clubs, ie Tragically Hip, Velvet Revolver, 311, etc).

I actually used to hate PJ for the longest time, then I saw a PJ coverband (Itchyfish) and they were amazing, used to check them out all the time, figured I should check out the real thing and finally pulled the trigger. I try to catch every tour but it doesn't always work out. One of these days I need to join the Ten Club so that I can get good tickets.

I'll be at the two Boston shows. They're also the end of the tour, so its going to be even better than usual. I can't wait. I've dropped quite a bit of money for the two shows, but its worth every penny.

The one thing that he did say was to register to vote. They had people there registering people to vote. He said that Florida has to vote. He then said sarcastically, of course, this is America. We are free to do anything that we want including doing nothing.

The one thing that he did say was to register to vote. They had people there registering people to vote. He said that Florida has to vote. He then said sarcastically, of course, this is America. We are free to do anything that we want including doing nothing.

Ah, I didn't catch that....It's highly possible (probable) that I was grabbing a beer at the time!

That's good to hear. I don't like when Eddie gets all political but I guess it is the start of the tour, plenty of time for him to speak up.

Set 1 Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, Gods' Dice, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even Flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Do you mean "Love, Reign O'er Me"? That's one I've been curious about seeing live. If they're playing it on the tour, I'm sure I'll see it at one of the Boston shows (and Boom gets to have some fun on that one!).

Do you mean "Love, Reign O'er Me"? That's one I've been curious about seeing live. If they're playing it on the tour, I'm sure I'll see it at one of the Boston shows (and Boom gets to have some fun on that one!).

Boom is the best! I have the CD from a show at HSBC a few years back with an 8 minute long Crazy Mary and Boom is awesome in that one!

Boom is the best! I have the CD from a show at HSBC a few years back with an 8 minute long Crazy Mary and Boom is awesome in that one!

Yeah, I was at that one too. My god that went on forever and it was awesome. I love how they now list Boom as a regular band member. He's earned it. If you really want to see a good Boom moment, they put out a dvd in the past year of their tour to Italy. They have a scene where he plays a pipe organ in one of those old churches. I guess it was the town where most of those organs are built. He was in tears after playing it, a really cool scene.

I saw PJ last night for the first time. They kicked off their mini tour in South Florida. It was a great show with a lot of energy. If you are a PJ fan, you should go if you have a chance.

This is the set list from last night:

SET LIST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE

2008-06-11 West Palm Beach Florida Cruzan Amphitheatre

Sweet setlist! i am seeing them tonight in Columbia, SC. The show is supposed to start at 730 with Kings of Leon. If the show you went to started at the same time, what tiem did PJ take the stage?? I am worried I am going to be late and don't want to miss any PJ. Thanks.

Sweet setlist! i am seeing them tonight in Columbia, SC. The show is supposed to start at 730 with Kings of Leon. If the show you went to started at the same time, what tiem did PJ take the stage?? I am worried I am going to be late and don't want to miss any PJ. Thanks.

PJ went on around 9:00 and their show lasted about two hours.

Have fun.

They closed their Bonaroo set with All Along the Watchtower. I'm sure that was a good time.

I'm a Pearl Jam enthusiast...seen them close to 7 times in the last 10 years and traveled numerous miles to see them. One of the few, pure rock groups to come out of the 90s.

I remember seeing them in Winnipeg three years ago where they played for 3 hours! and didn't care that the arena managers had turned the lights on during hour 2 and told them to cut it short. Eddie said that they'll play as long as the people want them to. Since Winnipeg is home of their idol Neil Young, the concert featured them calling him on Eddie's cell and closing the show with an AMAZING rendition of "Rockin' in the Free World". Out of all the shows, that was my favorite.