MY GOD I HATE THE METS

berndogg

I thought we were going to the f'n world series this year. 3 blown saves in 3 games for wagner, wastes a great game by johan. When they're hitting they can't pitch, when they're pitching they can't hit. This is the most unlikeable mets team I can remember. If the team that sucks I would rather have a young team thats fun to watch or at least a team that tries hard but is overmatched. This team is just depressing, but I can't stop watching, and I'm not sure why. I'm just venting right now wherever I can, that is all.

I thought we were going to the f'n world series this year. 3 blown saves in 3 games for wagner, wastes a great game by johan. When they're hitting they can't pitch, when they're pitching they can't hit. This is the most unlikeable mets team I can remember. If the team that sucks I would rather have a young team thats fun to watch or at least a team that tries hard but is overmatched. This team is just depressing, but I can't stop watching, and I'm not sure why. I'm just venting right now wherever I can, that is all.

What would you say if they all of a sudden won 12 in a row?

Can you say BANDWAGON?

What would you say if they all of a sudden won 12 in a row?

Can you say BANDWAGON?

There's no way that they could win 12 in a row playing the way they are now. So if they were playing in such a way where 12 wins in a row would be possible (playing hard, playing smart, not sucking), they would probably be more likeable. And after torturing myself by watching all these losses I would deserve to enjoy it.

I agree. I can't even watch this team this year. They don't lose because they have no talent, or because they just aren't good enough, they lose because they don't give a schit. They don't try hard, they don't make effort plays, they don't care, and there's no heart. There is nothing that makes me angrier than a team like that.

I'm a long time Mets fan, and have always hated the Phillies, but honestly... they are how a baseball team should be. With the exception of Ryan Howard, they run through grounders, they bust their asses, and they come to play every inning of every game. They have Rollins and Utley, but other than that they are weak at almost every position but they still win because of the effort they put out. The Mets make me sick this year.

If you want to see a team that has been repeatedly kicking its fans in the junk pretty much all year, look at Cleveland. One year after taking Boston to Game 7 in the ALCS we are playing inconsistent, bad baseball.

I'll see your "Wagner blown saves" and raise you one Joe Borowski, who is pretty much guaranteed to give Indians' fans an ulcer or heart attack by the end of the year. Raffy Betancourt is nowhere near the dominant reliever he was last year. The offense is dead last in the AL in BA and hits, and in the bottom third in most other categories. The starting pitching is the only thing that has kept this team anywhere near the AL Central race.

If you want to see a team that has been repeatedly kicking its fans in the junk pretty much all year, look at Cleveland. One year after taking Boston to Game 7 in the ALCS we are playing inconsistent, bad baseball.

I'll see your "Wagner blown saves" and raise you one Joe Borowski, who is pretty much guaranteed to give Indians' fans an ulcer or heart attack by the end of the year. Raffy Betancourt is nowhere near the dominant reliever he was last year. The offense is dead last in the AL in BA and hits, and in the bottom third in most other categories. The starting pitching is the only thing that has kept this team anywhere near the AL Central race.

At least you have pitching, we just have whining.

I actually have tickets to today's game in my pocket but decided to go to work instead. Boy did I save myself a boatload of aggravation!

Fuggin' Mets :devil::w00t:

I actually have tickets to today's game in my pocket but decided to go to work instead. Boy did I save myself a boatload of aggravation!

Fuggin' Mets :devil::w00t:

I'm digging the Angels this year. They've been sucking BIG time at the plate the past couple of months but have the second best record in the Majors and I think they've won eight straight series. Can't wait until their bats heat up which is inevitable.

I'll see your "Wagner blown saves" and raise you one Joe Borowski

The difference is, Wagner will see Borowski's $4M and raise him to $10.5M

The Mets are a very unlikeable team. For the past 2-3 years, the Mets had pretty much taken over the NYC baseball spotlight from the Yanks. Their players have been acting and talking in the media like they had actually won something. There seems to be an attitude of entitlement in their clubhouse, which when coupled with their uninspired and undisciplined play, makes them VERY hard to like, watch, and listen to.

Somehow Jose Reyes went from possibly the best and most electric player in the game to being just the 3rd or 4th best shortstop in his own division.

David Wright is the man and could play for my team 8 days a week.

they lose because they don't give a schit. They don't try hard, they don't make effort plays, they don't care, and there's no heart. There is nothing that makes me angrier than a team like that.

I complete agree with this. Except for a handful of guys, nobody gives a damn. Reyes and Beltran have the mental toughness of fat teenage girls, and they have more useless old timers than a Shriners' convention. I've realized it's not Willie's fault. The guy who needs to go is Minaya, who built this clusterfug. Bring someone in who will blow it up and start from scratch with Wright, Santana, Church, Maine and Pelfrey. Everyone else can go.

Starters pitch 15 innings of shutout ball in the last 24 hours and they can't hold a lead. Goof grief.

At least you have pitching, we just have whining.

The whining is starting in Cleveland, right now it's from the fans but I am expecting to hear a couple of the players start grumbling any time now....we just sent Cabrera down to Buffalo to find his swing and brought up Josh Barfield, but Barfield and Victor Martinez just joined Travis Hafner on the DL. So now our infield is Garko at 1st, Jamey Carroll at 2nd, the frustrating Peralta at SS and supersub Casey Blake at 3rd, with Kelly Shoppach behind the dish, and we have holes in at least two of the 3/4/5 spots. Awesome.

EDIT: It goes from bad to worse. V-Mart will be out 6-8 weeks after having his elbow scoped and removal of "loose bodies" from the joint.

The difference is, Wagner will see Borowski's $4M and raise him to $10.5M

Even with the back-to-back blown saves this week I'd still take Wagner at $10.5 million over Borowski @ $4M. JoeBlo is a walking blown save looking for a place to land.

Yea, I'm a Mets fan, too, and ya know what, I'm not mad at all about this. I was actually a little disappointed they managed to pull out a victory yesterday. I mean let's face it, this team is not half as good as you or I thought they'd be, and the sooner the Wilpons realize this, the sooner they will make the necessary changes. The Mets aren't going anywhere this year and they need to make some major blow ups. In fact, if the team keeps losing, I can almost guarantee that Willie or Omar will be canned some time within the next week or so. I'd hate to say this, but I'm kind of hoping that they go on a long losing streak so they become sellers at the all-star break and trade away some of their highly-paid, malcontent bums (Beltran, yes he is heating up, but the dude has no passion for the game, Wagner, he has been blowing, but he is generally lights out, and needs to go). This team needs to instill some youth and passion in to its clubhouse!!

Yea, I'm a Mets fan, too, and ya know what, I'm not mad at all about this. I was actually a little disappointed they managed to pull out a victory yesterday. I mean let's face it, this team is not half as good as you or I thought they'd be, and the sooner the Wilpons realize this, the sooner they will make the necessary changes. The Mets aren't going anywhere this year and they need to make some major blow ups. In fact, if the team keeps losing, I can almost guarantee that Willie or Omar will be canned some time within the next week or so. I'd hate to say this, but I'm kind of hoping that they go on a long losing streak so they become sellers at the all-star break and trade away some of their highly-paid, malcontent bums (Beltran, yes he is heating up, but the dude has no passion for the game, Wagner, he has been blowing, but he is generally lights out, and needs to go). This team needs to instill some youth and passion in to its clubhouse!!

The one guy I'll always defend is beltran. He might not wear his emotions on his sleeve and he's so athletic that what he does looks effortless. But the guy has been the best offensive and defensive center fielder in the national league the last 2 years, he makes plays in center field that no one else can make, and he always runs hard on the basepaths. He's not a guy that can be a clubhouse leader or emotionally rally the club, but just because he's not animated doesn't mean he doesn't care. Him and Wright are basically the only position players I like right now. And what's frustrating about baseball is that you can't go into seller mode til at least 85 games. I'm gonna cheer for a rally instead of a blow up for the next week or two. I still want to beleive that they can right the ship, althought its harder with every passing day. I'm still going to the game tomorrow and hopefully it will be win #2 of the aformentioned 12 game winning streak and not loss 8 out the last 9. Lets go mets!

Wow

Replace Mets, and put in Blue Jays and you have the same comments coming out of Jays fans mouths after every game.

could not agree more. This team is unwatchable. They are starting to remind me of the early 90 teams. You know what though, you are what your record is & this bunch of has been over the hill underachievers have been a 500 club for the better part of a year now. Totally disgusted.

I'm digging the Angels this year. They've been sucking BIG time at the plate the past couple of months but have the second best record in the Majors and I think they've won eight straight series. Can't wait until their bats heat up which is inevitable.

The angels are a team that play the game the right way & probably have the best manager in the game. They just find ways to win even though some of their big sticks have not been producing like they usually do. In alot of ways, they are the antimets.

who in their right mind would take on Beltran's salary right now?

who in their right mind would take on Beltran's salary right now?

& besides you keep Beltran. Be strong up the middle with beltran, Reyes. Unfortunately, we just gave castillo I believe a 4yr contract(brilliant move Omar). delgado will be gone after this year. Build the rotation around Santana/Maine/Pelfrey. That sh*thead Perez could go back to the Pirates as far as Im concerned.