Jon Anderson "You Bastard!"

Chef Jim

I was really looking forward to Yes doing their 40th anniversary tour this summer. My company has club seats at the Honda Center here and they raffle off those tickets. I just knew I was going to get them and if not I have no problem dropping a good amount of money on tickets. I bought their 35th anniversary DVD and watched it last night. !@#$ing awesome show....for a bunch of old farts. Then I go online last night and read this gem.

Get well Jon.

maybe if you had a cell phone you could have gotten the message a week ago when it was announced! :lol::w00t:

I was really looking forward to Yes doing their 40th anniversary tour this summer. My company has club seats at the Honda Center here and they raffle off those tickets. I just knew I was going to get them and if not I have no problem dropping a good amount of money on tickets. I bought their 35th anniversary DVD and watched it last night. !@#$ing awesome show....for a bunch of old farts. Then I go online last night and read this gem.

Get well Jon.

Get well Jon.

Here's my brush with celebrity post: Back around '86, I was in L.A. producing a live broadcast for a station I worked for in Philly. It was at a local restaurant (Carlos & Charlie's) where a dozen stations form around the country were also set up. The local producers had lined up various celebrities to "drop in" on the various radio shows. ("Hi, were just hanging out in Hollywood and...hey, there's Gene Hackman! Hey, Gene, come on over and say a few words to our listeners...")

The guy I'm working with is the late great Ed Sciaky (pr: Shockey) Ed knows everyone. Bruce Springsteen used to sleep on his couch before he was "Bruce Springsteen." So Ed says to me "I wonder is Jon Anderson is at his L.A. house this week?" So he calls Jon and sure enough he is, and agrees to swing by the event. After all he was working on the "Big Generator" album and could use a plug.

So Jon drops by our booth at C&C's. The other stations are all surprised and and a bit jealous but they all get a turn with Jon as well. When he's done he comes back to our booth and invites us to his house for breakfast to hear the rough mix of the new album. So the next day I'm driving to the top of the Hollywood Hills to Jon Anderson's house. I get there before Ed so I'm hanging out with Jon. He has a giant bird (parrot or macau) named Giorgio. He makes me scrambled eggs, sausage and tomatoes.

Jon is a truly nice down to earth fellow. We talk for a while. The subject turns to kids and I tell him how my wife wants them but I worry about starting a family on a radio guys salary, not to mention how unstable a line of work it is. Jon says quote: "Look here, mate...when I had my first kid, I didn't have a pot to piss in!" He goes on to say not to worry about it because children are the greatest thing anyone can experience and I shouldn't wait.

Fast forward the story about 12 years. I am running a Top 40 station in NH and I'm invited to a cocktail reception in Boston for a new female singer Jade Anderson...Jon's 2nd daughter! So I tell her the story of her dad and meeting Giorgio. I did play her record but it was a dud and I haven't seen anything else from her since.

PTR

Here's my brush with celebrity post: Back around '86, I was in L.A. producing a live broadcast for a station I worked for in Philly. It was at a local restaurant (Carlos & Charlie's) where a dozen stations form around the country were also set up. The local producers had lined up various celebrities to "drop in" on the various radio shows. ("Hi, were just hanging out in Hollywood and...hey, there's Gene Hackman! Hey, Gene, come on over and say a few words to our listeners...")

The guy I'm working with is the late great Ed Sciaky (pr: Shockey) Ed knows everyone. Bruce Springsteen used to sleep on his couch before he was "Bruce Springsteen." So Ed says to me "I wonder is Jon Anderson is at his L.A. house this week?" So he calls Jon and sure enough he is, and agrees to swing by the event. After all he was working on the "Big Generator" album and could use a plug.

So Jon drops by our booth at C&C's. The other stations are all surprised and and a bit jealous but they all get a turn with Jon as well. When he's done he comes back to our booth and invites us to his house for breakfast to hear the rough mix of the new album. So the next day I'm driving to the top of the Hollywood Hills to Jon Anderson's house. I get there before Ed so I'm hanging out with Jon. He has a giant bird (parrot or macau) named Giorgio. He makes me scrambled eggs, sausage and tomatoes.

Jon is a truly nice down to earth fellow. We talk for a while. The subject turns to kids and I tell him how my wife wants them but I worry about starting a family on a radio guys salary, not to mention how unstable a line of work it is. Jon says quote: "Look here, mate...when I had my first kid, I didn't have a pot to piss in!" He goes on to say not to worry about it because children are the greatest thing anyone can experience and I shouldn't wait.

Fast forward the story about 12 years. I am running a Top 40 station in NH and I'm invited to a cocktail reception in Boston for a new female singer Jade Anderson...Jon's 2nd daughter! So I tell her the story of her dad and meeting Giorgio. I did play her record but it was a dud and I haven't seen anything else from her since.

PTR

Great story. Yes was my, or at least one of my favorite bands during high school in the mid to late 70's. Saw them twice (Superfest at Rich Stadium in 1977 where they cut the show short because of a rowdy crowd, and at the Aud in the round in 1978). Disappointed they had to cancel the tour but Jon's health is the most important thing.

Oh, come on Chef . . . "I asked my love to give me she-eh-eh-el-ehl-ter. But all she offered me were dreams."

Drama ia an under-rated album.

How long was he with the band as singer versus Jon? Not sure if you're being sarcastic.