Article About Jason Peters

Chilly

If Peters is looking for franchise LT money, I'll tell him "wait another year son" before making that kind of investment. If he has another Pro Bowl season, then by all means pay him. But while I understand his viewpoint, I can also see not wanting to redo a player's deal after their first really good to great season. That sets a bad precedent.

I thought they already did that a couple of years ago.

They did, and then they signed a LG and a RT to much bigger contracts. I heard Dockery call Peters "The Franchise" on Sirius Radio, and he makes twice as much as Peters.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you if you think that they should wait, but not this time. Peters, if he continues to develop at this rate, will be the best LT in the history of the Bills and yes, this does include Wolford.

Jmo. :thumbsup:

They did, and then they signed a LG and a RT to much bigger contracts. I heard Dockery call Peters "The Franchise" on Sirius Radio, and he makes twice as much as Peters.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you if you think that they should wait, but not this time. Peters, if he continues to develop at this rate, will be the best LT in the history of the Bills and yes, this does include Wolford.

Jmo. :thumbsup:

I understand your point and don't want to argue, but what if he doesn't continue to develop? What if he gets his money and get lazy? Tough call for the Bills right now and Peters is taking a very costly chance sitting out. Plus contacts go up every year. Just because another player signs a larger contract, you are not entitled to one.

I understand your point and don't want to argue, but what if he doesn't continue to develop? What if he gets his money and get lazy? Tough call for the Bills right now and Peters is taking a very costly chance sitting out.

It could be considered a tough call, and the Bills do seemingly hold all the cards, for now. Still, I am hoping that they think of a way to make him happy. The guy can flat out play, and he does so at a position that is next to impossible to fill with a star, unless you are talking about a top 5 pick.

It could be considered a tough call, and the Bills do seemingly hold all the cards, for now. Still, I am hoping that they think of a way to make him happy. The guy can flat out play, and he does so at a position that is next to impossible to fill with a star, unless you are talking about a top 5 pick.

His best way to get a new deal is to show up. He will not get a new contract while he sits out. He is our best lineman at the top position.

I think that they should promise to negotiate after the season for the long term. Even float some numbers at him to keep him motivated. It gives the Bills a season to watch him and it gives Peters a chance to prove that he's worth the top contract for a LT in the NFL.

Even more improtant than that, it shows the rest of the team that the Bills mgmt wont get on their knees and negotiate after a player has a good year. Let's not forget, he's had 1 year at LT, and he got injured. That's not to say that he isn't the real deal, because I think he is, but taking a chance at this point in his contract and career doesn't make sense to me.

His best way to get a new deal is to show up. He will not get a new contract while he sits out. He is our best lineman at the top position.

agreed.

seriously, what type of crap jobs do agents get away with nowadays? get your player in camp as a show of good faith, and make it a much happier negotiating table.

throwing threats around for an undrafted FA who has had 1 good year is completely idiotic.

I see your point Doc, but you are downplaying it a bit, no? Teams use top 5, even #1 draft picks on players who they hope will be a probowl LT.

Seriously.

dont get me wrong. I personally appreciate Peters. but with his agent telling him to stay home, im just taking it to the other extreme perspective.

he's already gotten a raise and a renegotiation in his short career. if he wants BIG money, he needs to show up.