TBS is going too far

Bmwolf21

During one away game last season, my neighbor knew the Bills must not be playing well, because he heard me come out and start mowing the lawn during the game.

0:)

My neighbors call the cops because they think I'm killing my wife.

0:)

My neighbors call the cops because they think I'm killing my wife.

I accidentally broke a picture frame with an empty Aquafina water bottle after a Trent interception last year. I caught a lot of flack from the wife and the parents after that one. Not my fault, obviously - I mean who expects an empty water bottle to break the glass in the frame and dent the edge of the wood?

I accidentally broke a picture frame with an empty Aquafina water bottle after a Trent interception last year. I caught a lot of flack from the wife and the parents after that one. Not my fault, obviously - I mean who expects an empty water bottle to break the glass in the frame and dent the edge of the wood?

During one of the SB losses (take your pick) I threw the remote and broke it. Yeah, I caught hell from the wife for that. Every Bills jersey, t-shirt or hat has been destroyed. Yes, I was your stereotypical screaming chef. Oh, and that's what you get for drinking water during a Bills game.

That is so true. I am just about ready to give up on the NFL. Believe it or not I'm starting to come up with better things to do on a fall Sunday.

You don't need to give up on the NFL. You just need to give up on the way you watch it.

Tivo. Changes football completely.

That is so true. I am just about ready to give up on the NFL. Believe it or not I'm starting to come up with better things to do on a fall Sunday.

I almost have as well. I used to purchase Sunday Ticket every year to get the Bills games. The sheer number of commercials annoyed me so much that I stopped watching everything EXCEPT Bills games. That's a lot of money for 16 (or fewer) uses per year.

Instead, I get the Real Audio pass so I can listen to all of the games during the season. I catch a couple on network TV throughout the season usually. I get Center Ice now instead as I can watch a hockey game without having as many commercials jammed down my throat. The flow of the game just doesn't lend itself to an overbearing number of advertisements.

With CI, I get all 82 games and playoffs (minus the local coverage), fewer commercials, and it costs a lot less than the NFL package. There's a touch of home in there as well as RJ calls half the games and they include local adverts.

You don't need to give up on the NFL. You just need to give up on the way you watch it.

Tivo. Changes football completely.

Yup, but hell.. I just can not make myself watch a sporting event with a delay. It just fells... wrong. I love the Tivo for everything else, though.

During one of the SB losses (take your pick) I threw the remote and broke it. Yeah, I caught hell from the wife for that. Every Bills jersey, t-shirt or hat has been destroyed. Yes, I was your stereotypical screaming chef. Oh, and that's what you get for drinking water during a Bills game.

I'm not gonna lie - I'm not a big beer drinker anymore, so during games it's either pop or water for me. Besides, with the way this team pisses me off more often than not, adding alcohol to my building rage is not a good idea.

On the plus side, my son, now 16 months old, was just a colicky 7-10-month-old during last season, so I was forced to be much better about my yelling at the TV during games, lest I risk waking him up and listening to him crying for the next hour or so. I'm hoping to carry that self-control over to this season -- I'm getting better, but it's an uphill battle with this team... 0:)