TBS is going too far

Bmwolf21

So tonight I am channel surfing between innings of the Indians-Twins game and stop on TBS to watch a little Family Guy. But in the middle of a scene Bill Engvall literally walks into the scene and clicks his remote, which "pauses" Family Guy mid-scene so he can do a 10-second "Bill Engvall Show" interstitial commercial, then clicks his remote again and Family Guy restarts and then goes to commercial.

Here's a link to a clip that shows this crap.

Those stupid little pop-up ads that TBS and TNT do was bad enough, but now they are actively interrupting a show to plug another show? Seems over the line to me. :D:devil::P;)

Get used to it. Networks are struggling to come up with ways to prevent people from just fast forwarding through their advertising.

I understand that, but that's the kind of stuff that will make me stop watching a particular network altogether. Right now it's just syndicated reruns on cable networks, but what's next? Pausing in the middle of a key pitch in a TBS-covered baseball game to promote House of Payne (what a God-awful pile of garbage that show is, BTW.)

All I can say is that this crap has certainly killed any possibility of me ever watching the Bill Engvall Show.

I hate TV.

I'm starting to get that same feeling, Chef. Garbage stays on TV while good shows get killed off; more commercials (especially in sporting events) and why bother putting a movie on network TV or even basic cable if you are going to edit the heck out of it?

Sabathia was awesome tonight, wasn't he? :D

Best we've seen all year from him. We need it, too - not only with Westbrook and Carmona on the shelf, there is always the possibility of a mid-season Colon-esque trade and anything good from CC will help bump his trade value.

I understand that, but that's the kind of stuff that will make me stop watching a particular network altogether. Right now it's just syndicated reruns on cable networks, but what's next? Pausing in the middle of a key pitch in a TBS-covered baseball game to promote House of Payne (what a God-awful pile of garbage that show is, BTW.)

All I can say is that this crap has certainly killed any possibility of me ever watching the Bill Engvall Show.

Oh I hear you and totally agree. It's just that this is just the beginning. They're softening us up for it. Remember how people used to be upset about commercials before movies? Now they're everywhere and nobody says a word.

And what were the chances you were going to watch the Bill Engvall Show anyway? HAHAHA

Oh I hear you and totally agree. It's just that this is just the beginning. They're softening us up for it. Remember how people used to be upset about commercials before movies? Now they're everywhere and nobody says a word.

And what were the chances you were going to watch the Bill Engvall Show anyway? HAHAHA

I love those things. As long as they never interrupt the actual movie, I would watch 40 minutes of previews before the movie.

I hate TV.

Seriously Chef, I'm with you. I find myself watching less and less all the time. I end up watching History, Military and Food networks more often than anything else, if I watch at all. NFL games on Fox are getting just as bad with that stupid fuggin "robot" waltzin across my screen jumping, stretching, pointing and posturing.

Seriously Chef, I'm with you. I find myself watching less and less all the time. I end up watching History, Military and Food networks more often than anything else, if I watch at all. NFL games on Fox are getting just as bad with that stupid fuggin "robot" waltzin across my screen jumping, stretching, pointing and posturing.

I just can't stand it when things pop up on my screen. It feels very much like Internet advertising used to be.

The NFL is one of the WORST in terms of overdoing it.

"Welcome to the game!"

Commercial

"And there's the kick off and return!"

Commercial

"That's 2nd down, time out!"

Commercial

"Three and Out!"

Commercial

"Punt!"

Commercial

And that's on the first possession.

thats probably because you aren't black (I'm assuming :thumbsup: )

I remember reading an article about a "movie reviewer who was ripped for saying they didn't enjoy the latest Tyler Perry movie and didn't think he was all that great of a writer because most of his stuff was the same, with typical black stereotypes, and they went off on him because he's not black and that Tyler Perry was making films that relate to the black audiences that hollywood studios don't cater movies to.

I have yet to see any of these TV "pop up ads", but I can tell you I would be furious seeing that. I'm trying to watch a scheduled program, and you are interupting it with a commercial not at a commercial break?

So tonight I am channel surfing between innings of the Indians-Twins game and stop on TBS to watch a little Family Guy. But in the middle of a scene Bill Engvall literally walks into the scene and clicks his remote, which "pauses" Family Guy mid-scene so he can do a 10-second "Bill Engvall Show" interstitial commercial, then clicks his remote again and Family Guy restarts and then goes to commercial.

Here's a link to a clip that shows this crap.

Those stupid little pop-up ads that TBS and TNT do was bad enough, but now they are actively interrupting a show to plug another show? Seems over the line to me. :thumbsup::(:):blink:

Talk about a "here's your sign" moment...

I just can't stand it when things pop up on my screen. It feels very much like Internet advertising used to be.

The NFL is one of the WORST in terms of overdoing it.

"Welcome to the game!"

Commercial

"And there's the kick off and return!"

Commercial

"That's 2nd down, time out!"

Commercial

"Three and Out!"

Commercial

"Punt!"

Commercial

And that's on the first possession.

That is so true. I am just about ready to give up on the NFL. Believe it or not I'm starting to come up with better things to do on a fall Sunday.

That is so true. I am just about ready to give up on the NFL. Believe it or not I'm starting to come up with better things to do on a fall Sunday.

During one away game last season, my neighbor knew the Bills must not be playing well, because he heard me come out and start mowing the lawn during the game.

I hate TV.

Then don't watch. I don't. Ordered movies, the Bills games, Yankee games and every now and again another sporting event I want to see. Thats it.

When the Bills are not playing, I am usually golfing. I find its more enjoyable to watch the Bills in a bar...during commericals you just chat with whoever, order another beer, etc.