Bills video with the new Madden

K-Gun10

Yeah, loved when 2k undercut Madden with the $19.99 price tag. I was skeptical at first but the 2k game (I think the last one to come out was 2k5) was just simply MORE FUN.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the announcement of the %19.99 price tag, it blew me away. Still I grabbed a copy anyway, and I can honestly say, that that was THE BEST NFL GAME EVER MADE! That was the year 2K surpassed Madden.

And yes, it was 2K5, had T.O. on the cover in an Eagles uniform. That was also the one where they had added ESPN commentary to the game. The game was awesome, the gameplay was un-equalled.

The only reason I buy Madden is because I have no other choice for my NFL videogame football fix. The past three Madden's have all SUCKED. The HoF mode was kinda cool though.

FREE 2K!

Franchise mode has disappointed me the most in the past few iterations of madden. Theres a variety of issues that need to be fixed. I think they need to install some of the old Head coach features into franchise, because i want to both run the team and play the games.

For instance, why is it in all other sports you can scout players in season with a scouting "bank", but in madden i am forced to play some stupid mini-game just to *hopefully* get a scouting report. Not to mention that the franchise player progression system is broken beyond repair. Why should my entire OL gain 2 points overall for simply winning 1 playoff game. Also, the offseason needs some major work. Like NOT having every team dump its best players, and NOT having the salary cap so high that no team ever comes close to it.

My favorite problem with franchise mode is that they finally introduced restricted free agents in '06 and left it in for '07 (I think, unless it was '05 and '06), then just decided to remove it. So three-year players can just become unrestricted free agents. Granted, I didn't like when FBs were being signed away as restricted free agents costing the teams a first and a third, but at least that facet of the game was there.

And this was so good, I just had to share on last years game...

I was only about three years in. The Falcons had just drafted a QB high in the first round the year before. In this years draft, they took another QB top in the first round, another in the second round, and a third in the fourth round. That's silly enough, but they topped it off by signing a released Tom Brady (due to Patriots cap issues, of course). I think the Falcons are OK at QB, but that's just me.

My favorite problem with franchise mode is that they finally introduced restricted free agents in '06 and left it in for '07 (I think, unless it was '05 and '06), then just decided to remove it. So three-year players can just become unrestricted free agents. Granted, I didn't like when FBs were being signed away as restricted free agents costing the teams a first and a third, but at least that facet of the game was there.

And this was so good, I just had to share on last years game...

I was only about three years in. The Falcons had just drafted a QB high in the first round the year before. In this years draft, they took another QB top in the first round, another in the second round, and a third in the fourth round. That's silly enough, but they topped it off by signing a released Tom Brady (due to Patriots cap issues, of course). I think the Falcons are OK at QB, but that's just me.

That must be with the next gen. My franchise mode on ps2 has had RFA's for years now. My biggest peeve about franchise (aside form the ridiculous lack of scouting college players) is the "roster management" feature. It is supposed ot be in there for your team to cut overpriced players, ie- a 79 rated player who is making 5 mil a year. But it lists way too many players on that list, and it also lists players with expiring contracts, and the CPU automatically cuts them. It basically results in 12-20 90+ players hitting FA every year. After 1 season of '08, players like peppers, levi jones, etc were all cut.

I feel your pain about the CPU offseason A.I. i dont know why they cant fix it. After 1 season of '08, the vikings (who had rookies adrian peterson and chester taylor) signed edge james, and then drafted a HB with the 5th overall pick. :lol: