Anybody following the CWS?

eball

The final CWS participants were decided last night. Big upset in Tempe, since ASU was the #3 national seed and is considered a very complete team. Fresno St. knocked them out.

Of the top 8 seeds, only #3 and #5 (Fullerton) didn't advance to the CWS in Omaha.

North Carolina (#2) made it for the 3rd year in a row -- no mean feat. They're also the only team to defeat #1 Miami in a 3-game series this year.

I'm predicting a 1 vs. 2 final series -- both of those teams have been playing lights out. No idea who will win that one, though.

This is a cool link I found with the bracket and links to each game.

I watched the UM/Arizona series. Great series. I support UM, but Arizona has a great team and gave the Canes all they can handle.

I watched that as well. Terrific baseball. I think UM can take it, but it just could be FSU's year.

College Baseball needs to go to wood bats....the aluminim bats are making a mockery of the game....

The aluminum bats don't bother me...who doesn't like offense? To me it's fun knowing that even if a team is down by five entering the 9th inning, they still have a shot. I've seen some amazing comebacks this year. The enthusiasm is refreshing also...I've gotten to the point that I almost prefer college baseball to MLB.

Interesting weekend at the CWS. Only NC came through with a win as the higher seed -- three significant upsets in Georgia over Miami, Stanford over FSU, and Fresno over Rice.

Now Miami and FSU must play an elimination game today at 2pm. If the Seminoles take it, Miami losing two in a row would go down as a colossal choke job. They only lost EIGHT games all year coming into Omaha.

The Tar Heels have set themselves up nicely for another shot at the championship. Maybe the 3rd time's the charm.

Miami will not lose to FSU. They just own the Seminoles.

Close series this season. Miami won 2 of 3, but the last was an abbreviated 11-10 win in 7 innings. I wouldn't exactly say "owned" -- in any event, that should be a great game today.

Close series this season. Miami won 2 of 3, but the last was an abbreviated 11-10 win in 7 innings. I wouldn't exactly say "owned" -- in any event, that should be a great game today.

Theres some discussion going on about the CWS in the baseball forum.

And dont even get me started about that final FSU-UM game, where miami ran and hid like a bunch of cowards.

Theres some discussion going on about the CWS in the baseball forum.

And dont even get me started about that final FSU-UM game, where miami ran and hid like a bunch of cowards.

Always nice to be able to run out the clock in baseball...:rolleyes: