Chris Simms

major

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always crack me up. I PROMISE I will support Trent.

Ok then....good. Now about CS, my buddy is a huge TB fan (we talked a lot about CS) and I have alway liked the kid and thought he could be a good one but that injury is scary. You said it yourself he couldn't even throw last year beacuse of it and I just think the guy might be damaged and not really worth taking a chance on. I have no problem with the Bills getting a good QB to replace JP (if he does end up leaving) the more quality QB's the better, however I don't think CS is the answer.

I live here too and have watched him play every game he's played here. No way for a third. I also think his mechanics are still !@#$ up.

He could be had from anywhere from a 4th to a 7th. The Bucs are not going to keep him. They will keep Garcia #1 Shula #2 & Luke McKown who is developing nicely #3. Plus they drafted that kid from Cal, I think his name is Johnson. Simms mechanics were bad last year & may still be. I don't know if he will ever recover from that injury. Whoever signs him will have the medical staff evaluate him & then work him out, before signing him.

He could be had from anywhere from a 4th to a 7th. The Bucs are not going to keep him. They will keep Garcia #1 Shula #2 & Luke McKown who is developing nicely #3. Plus they drafted that kid from Cal, I think his name is Johnson. Simms mechanics were bad last year & may still be. I don't know if he will ever recover from that injury. Whoever signs him will have the medical staff evaluate him & then work him out, before signing him.

Simms is gonna get cut. No team with a decent GM will give up anything for him. One he hasnt played in almost two years... how will his body hold up? Little expierence to begin with is a concern and his stats are far from mindblowing. If we cant tade JP who had one fairly consistent season and no major injury how do you expect this guy to be traded for a 4th or as someone suggested a 3rd?

Simms is gonna get cut. No team with a decent GM will give up anything for him. One he hasnt played in almost two years... how will his body hold up? Little expierence to begin with is a concern and his stats are far from mindblowing. If we cant tade JP who had one fairly consistent season and no major injury how do you expect this guy to be traded for a 4th or as someone suggested a 3rd?

I agree. They should of taken the 6th or 7th they were offered at the draft for him. When CS was the starter John Gruden would scream and yell at him every time he came off the field. He's a !@#$ing nut bag. Look how he ran Brad Johnson out of town.

I agree. They should of taken the 6th or 7th they were offered at the draft for him. When CS was the starter John Gruden would scream and yell at him every time he came off the field. He's a !@#$ing nut bag. Look how he ran Brad Johnson out of town.

I agree, there is not a lot of love for Gruden in Tampa at this point in time.

Chris was on the Ron & Ian show this AM on WDAE. He said Gruden was a smart coach and taught him a lot, but after he got hurt Gruden wouldn't even say hello to him. The Bucs still have him under contract & are looking to trade him. Asked if he would report to training camp, he said he would, but couln't imagine the Bucs wanting the media circus it would involve. I thought Chris was a good QB with a lot of potential prior to the injury, he said he still could not throw last year because of it. If fully recuperated I would give a 3rd for him.

So you want Losman to start and want to trade a 3rd for Simms, yet you don't think Edwards has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL??? :w00t: I have never been more confident now that TE will be a very good QB. :lol:

So you want Losman to start and want to trade a 3rd for Simms, yet you don't think Edwards has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL??? :w00t: I have never been more confident now that TE will be a very good QB. :lol:

I wanted JP to be given a fair shot. It is obvious now that JP will be gone at the end of the season, so I want Trent to start & play well. I wish I had your confidence in Edwards, but after watching him last year, play poorly in the 4th quarter in many games, & play poorly in bad weather, I don't see what you see in him. I do hope you are right about him. I think if HEALTHY Simms is definitely worth a third, but I don't know that he is or will ever be healthy again, anymore than you or I know what kind of QB Trent will become.