Chris Simms

major

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more than rumors. Its going to happen. Word is the Bucs were offered a 7th by a couple of teams during the draft. Gruden passed. Also Gruden wanted to cut CS last year, but the Glazers said keep him on IR. Not sure what he's got left in the tank after getting his spleen removed. maybe a second stringer somewhere......

Rumors out of Tampa indicate that Simms isn't happy with Gruden, or vice versa. GO BILLS! SIGN SIMMS!

Chris was on the Ron & Ian show this AM on WDAE. He said Gruden was a smart coach and taught him a lot, but after he got hurt Gruden wouldn't even say hello to him. The Bucs still have him under contract & are looking to trade him. Asked if he would report to training camp, he said he would, but couln't imagine the Bucs wanting the media circus it would involve. I thought Chris was a good QB with a lot of potential prior to the injury, he said he still could not throw last year because of it. If fully recuperated I would give a 3rd for him.

This sure seems like a case of Gruden just being a vindictive prick. I am not sold on Simms, but, he seemed to be turining the corner a little when he was playing for the Bucs. Why the Bucs need 7 QB's is beyond me. It seems like Chuckie thinks of himself as some QB genious, because he was able "turn" journeyman Rich Gannon into a Pro Bowler. They let Gradkowski go, and told him it was mainly because there just wasn't enough reps to go around. If Gruden doesn't want Simms, I can't understand why he is holding on to him so tightly....I actually feel kind of bad for Simms in this case. Not like he was a "me first" jerk or anything.

This sure seems like a case of Gruden just being a vindictive prick. I am not sold on Simms, but, he seemed to be turining the corner a little when he was playing for the Bucs. Why the Bucs need 7 QB's is beyond me. It seems like Chuckie thinks of himself as some QB genious, because he was able "turn" journeyman Rich Gannon into a Pro Bowler. They let Gradkowski go, and told him it was mainly because there just wasn't enough reps to go around. If Gruden doesn't want Simms, I can't understand why he is holding on to him so tightly....I actually feel kind of bad for Simms in this case. Not like he was a "me first" jerk or anything.

Chris is a great team 1st guy. The Bucs feel someone will trade for him that is why he is still a Buc.Chris was a Gruden supporter and is baffled why he is being treated this way. The Bucs just settled with Plummer. He had to pay the Bucs $3.5 MILLION of his signing bonus, so I think the Bucs are down to 5 QB's now.

Its more than rumors. Its going to happen. Word is the Bucs were offered a 7th by a couple of teams during the draft. Gruden passed. Also Gruden wanted to cut CS last year, but the Glazers said keep him on IR. Not sure what he's got left in the tank after getting his spleen removed. maybe a second stringer somewhere......

The Bills once had a great player who nearly died from a ruptured spleen late in his career. He came back and was instrumental in helping the Raiders win a Super Bowl.

Some guy named Chandler#81.

R.I.P.

The Bills once had a great player who nearly died from a ruptured spleen late in his career. He came back and was instrumental in helping them win a Super Bowl.

R.I.P.

What?

The Bills once had a great player who nearly died from a ruptured spleen late in his career. He came back and was instrumental in helping the Raiders win a Super Bowl.

R.I.P.

Why would we want to pick up a guy, just so that we can help the Raiders win a Super Bowl?

:D

Chris was on the Ron & Ian show this AM on WDAE. He said Gruden was a smart coach and taught him a lot, but after he got hurt Gruden wouldn't even say hello to him. The Bucs still have him under contract & are looking to trade him. Asked if he would report to training camp, he said he would, but couln't imagine the Bucs wanting the media circus it would involve. I thought Chris was a good QB with a lot of potential prior to the injury, he said he still could not throw last year because of it. If fully recuperated I would give a 3rd for him.

A 3RD ROUNDER? Are you nuts?

Before the injury Simms was better than both JP & Trent.

Really?

Career Stats

Simms

291 492 59.1 3,087 6.3 12 17

JP

495 837 5627 59.1 6.72 85 31 29 88 77.3

Trent

151 269 56.1 1,630 6.1 7 8 12

Just me but id take either of our guys over simms and definitly not a 3rd rounder

Really?

Career Stats

Simms

291 492 59.1 3,087 6.3 12 17

JP

495 837 5627 59.1 6.72 85 31 29 88 77.3

Trent

151 269 56.1 1,630 6.1 7 8 12

Just me but id take either of our guys over simms and definitly not a 3rd rounder

I am not a stat guy .........Don't think they tell the whole story. I have seen with my own eyes EVERY GAME PLAYED from start to finish by all three QB's. Chris when healthy can throw the long ball as well as JP, & has Trent's touch on the short throws. He is a team player, would be happy to compete for the #1 job & be a good back up if Trent beat him out. With JP gone after this year I can't think of another QB available I would rather have on the Bills.......that is if he is healthy.