Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired

Excellent documentary on the controversial director on HBO. I never knew the full, real history of his court case, and fleeing the country. Man, what a mess. Talk about a guy who was guilty AND railroaded at the same time. Very well done, and interesting as hell.

and he was lucky enough to not be home when the Manson clan visited. He is a slimy dude who has been quite lucky. What he did was much worse then what Lynch allegedly did. I guess he does not have a conscience. I am not familiar with how he got railroaded. What happened?

and he was lucky enough to not be home when the Manson clan visited. He is a slimy dude who has been quite lucky. What he did was much worse then what Lynch allegedly did. I guess he does not have a conscience. I am not familiar with how he got railroaded. What happened?

Yeah, his mothered gassed at Auschwitz, his father killed in a concentration camp, and when away working, his wife and unborn child brutally murdered. Lucky guy.

Yeah, his mothered gassed at Auschwitz, his father killed in a concentration camp, and when away working, his wife and unborn child brutally murdered. Lucky guy.

well avoiding getting brutally stabbed to death or avoiding time in a federal prison for raping a 13 year old- yeah I think he has had some luck in his life. Hiding in France to avoid prosecution for a heinous crime is cowardly. Once again, I believe strongly that you must take personal responsibility for your actions and man up when you make a mistake

well avoiding getting brutally stabbed to death or avoiding time in a federal prison for raping a 13 year old- yeah I think he has had some luck in his life. Hiding in France to avoid prosecution for a heinous crime is cowardly. Once again, I believe strongly that you must take personal responsibility for your actions and man up when you make a mistake

He didn't leave to avoid federal prison. If you knew the story, you may not feel as you do. He was, surely, guilty of having sex with a minor though, as I said. But this really opened my eyes about why he left and what preceded it. In fact, he did his time and they let him out. When the DA who prosecuted the case says he knows why he left, didn't think it was bad, and not only agrees he was screwed by the judge, but sided with Polanksi's attorney to stop the judge from lying in court and screwing up worse, you know it's !@#$ed up.

how do you get from polanski to lynch????? :devil:

how do you get from polanski to lynch????? :devil:

Hell, why stop there? After all, we know that Lynch will go down as one of the most notorious criminals in history -- especially if he gets away with it. Let's see who else we can compare him too.....for starters there's OJ ('natch). How about Richard Speck? Or Cylde Barrow?

p.s. F--- Polanski. He's overrated anyway.

Hell, why stop there? After all, we know that Lynch will go down as one of the most notorious criminals in history -- especially if he gets away with it. Let's see who else we can compare him too.....for starters there's OJ ('natch). How about Richard Speck? Or Cylde Barrow?

p.s. F--- Polanski. He's overrated anyway.

LOL

Maybe we can now go so far to say:

When you ride with Lynch you ride with Bin Laden.

LOL

Maybe we can now go so far to say:

When you ride with Lynch you ride with Bin Laden.

Why not? you'll notice that just like Lynch, bin Laden also lacked the "morale courage" to turn himself in and face punishment for his actions. Apparently if he had it would have earned him a lot of respect and entitled him to a second chance with many of our esteemed posters.

Why not? you'll notice that just like Lynch, bin Laden also lacked the "morale courage" to turn himself in and face punishment for his actions. Apparently if he had it would have earned him a lot of respect and entitled him to a second chance with many of our esteemed posters.

I forgive but never forget. Yeah it was a leap on my part- but it was continuing a friendly debate with Kelly from another thread. My point is always take responsibility for your own actions and man up when you make a mistake.

I started watching this last night and ended up staying up until 1:50 a.m.

It was very well done.

In short, when the prosecutor, the girl's lawyer, and RP's lawyer all agree that RP got the shaft (so to speak), I think it is fair to say that RP got the shaft. In fact, the prosecutor said at the end that he completely understood why RP left for France.