Snake busted for boozing

And wasn't Stabler a consistent winner as well? :D

He had the nickname "The Gambler" as well. Late in a game, when the conventional wisdom said work the sidelines and the clock, Stabler would fire a long shot down the middle to anything that was open...with the approval of his coach, John Madden.

Madden is viewed as a bit of a caricature these days - but Madden is in the absolute top rank of NFL coaches. 103 - 34 -7 record.

He had the nickname "The Gambler" as well. Late in a game, when the conventional wisdom said work the sidelines and the clock, Stabler would fire a long shot down the middle to anything that was open...with the approval of his coach, John Madden.

Madden is viewed as a bit of a caricature these days - but Madden is in the absolute top rank of NFL coaches. 103 - 34 -7 record.

Madden's winning percentage is in the top 5 in NFL history. You know what his record is against other coaches in the Hall of Fame? According to Wikipedia, a remarkable 36-6-2. Of course, considering the source, I don't know if that's accurate. :D

I'm old enough to remember him at the tail end of his coaching career. Remember that Madden retired because a) He didn't like to fly, and b) he had a bleeding stomach ulcer his last year in Oakland. He retired before his 43rd birthday. Somebody tell that to Bill Parcells. :devil:

Madden's winning percentage is in the top 5 in NFL history. You know what his record is against other coaches in the Hall of Fame? According to Wikipedia, a remarkable 36-6-2. Of course, considering the source, I don't know if that's accurate. :(

I'm old enough to remember him at the tail end of his coaching career. Remember that Madden retired because a) He didn't like to fly, and b) he had a bleeding stomach ulcer his last year in Oakland. He retired before his 43rd birthday. Somebody tell that to Bill Parcells. :)

Fred B (WR) was such a nevous wreck, he would chew his nails to the cuticle [sic]...

What was it with those Raider teams?

Then there was Lester Hayes covered with "Stick-em" from head to toe...

:thumbsup: