The Lasko 20" box fan

The Lasko 20" premium 3-speed box fan is the king of low-budget box fans.

Lasko 20" Premum Box Fan

Don't let the unbelievable low price of $13 fool you into thinking this fan can't get the job done. Lasko has packed three, count them three speeds into this baby, allowing you to have complete control of the fan as per your own comfort level. I'm sitting in front of one now, and let me tell you, not only am I in control, I'm feeling pretty damn good. Comfort and control at an affordable price. What more could you ask for out of a box fan? Need a hint? The answer is "not much." No assembly required, either. The relief is practically instantaneous.

And for twenty bucks you can get a fan and a six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Desperate times mean for desperate measures, but thrifty urban warriors don't have to settle for less. I know I'm not. Lasko and Pabst. That's all a blue collar man needs to kick the !@#$ing teeth in of the dog days of summer.

I hit the Home Depot $8.88 closeout and load up. Our office had "subpar" AC and my way of fighting back was to put one of these babies on top, underneath, and behind my desk. Not only do you keep yourself cool, but the sound drowns out the rest of the yahoo action around you. The boss didn't dare complain since it took a spatchula to remove your jewelpurse from your knees it was so hot in that place.

The Lasko 20" premium 3-speed box fan is the king of low-budget box fans.

Lasko 20" Premum Box Fan

Don't let the unbelievable low price of $13 fool you into thinking this fan can't get the job done. Lasko has packed three, count them three speeds into this baby, allowing you to have complete control of the fan as per your own comfort level. I'm sitting in front of one now, and let me tell you, not only am I in control, I'm feeling pretty damn good. Comfort and control at an affordable price. What more could you ask for out of a box fan? Need a hint? The answer is "not much." No assembly required, either. The relief is practically instantaneous.

And for twenty bucks you can get a fan and a six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Desperate times mean for desperate measures, but thrifty urban warriors don't have to settle for less. I know I'm not. Lasko and Pabst. That's all a blue collar man needs to kick the !@#$ing teeth in of the dog days of summer.

I have one, that as we speak, is in service. Blowing a gentle breeze at setting 1 in my garage, door ajar, as I charge a deep-cycle battery for my back up sump pump, cooling the charger and also diluting hydrogen offgas.

It did require assembly - I had to click in the two stabilizing plastic feet.

Cost me ten bucks for that fan..I read the sales papers and buy when the pricing is favorable. I have both cooling and a contribution to safe practice, when needed.

Anyone who moans about how hard life is in America should be ashamed.

Edited by stuckincincy

:D

Lasko?!? I laugh at your general lack of knowledge about box fans. Anyone who is ANYONE knows the Soleus FB1-30-20 is the industry standard of which all other fan companies are trying to meet!

http://www.epinions.com/Soleus_Air_FB1_30_..._Inch_Box_Fan_1

You're sadly mistaken my good man... sadly mistaken.

Thirty bucks, man? I could buy two Lasko's, and still have enough change left for a forty "large beer" (edited to remove urban gang lingo). That's twice as much cooling power, and the street cred is priceless.

And Stuck is right. You are advised to snap the plastic feet on before operating the fan, so there is some level of assembly. I bought mine at a Home Depot, and guys that shop at Home Depot don't give a damn about product warnings or directions. I threw the feet in the recycling bin. I'll take risks with my own life, but I won't take risks with the planet Earth.

Thirty bucks, man? I could buy two Lasko's, and still have enough change left for a forty "large beer" (edited to remove urban gang lingo). That's twice as much cooling power, and the street cred is priceless.

And Stuck is right. You are advised to snap the plastic feet on before operating the fan, so there is some level of assembly. I bought mine at a Home Depot, and guys that shop at Home Depot don't give a damn about product warnings or directions. I threw the feet in the recycling bin. I'll take risks with my own life, but I won't take risks with the planet Earth.

Alright Johnny, it's a blow off between my Soleus and your piddly Lasko. Since you're in Boston and I'm in close the mile-high sh#tty, we'll meet in St Louis in two weeks for a side, by side test. St Lou should be plenty humid in a couple weeks and we can truly find out, who's fan is the "blowin-est" fan! Loser buys the first round of beers at a Cardinals game!

Please, don't you know older is better? Time to start hitting the garage/lawn sales and find those old 60's metal box fans, that'll chop your fingers off if you dare to stick them in the grate while it's on high.

ahhhhh..those and Jarts, amazing any of us made it through the 60's and 70's

Please, don't you know older is better? Time to start hitting the garage/lawn sales and find those old 60's metal box fans, that'll chop your fingers off if you dare to stick them in the grate while it's on high.

ahhhhh..those and Jarts, amazing any of us made it through the 60's and 70's

My grandmother used to have Jarts when I was wee-little Bullpen. When she wasn't in the back yard watching, I used to fire those suckers into the apple tree to knock out some "fresh" apples to eat. It really is a wonder I never took one square in the eye or worse. :D

Jarts... good times man, good times.